Chapter 15

Cesar's Pov

I can tell Tyler was not thrilled by what I just said she sits up, "So you are just going to forget the fact that I told you I love you?"

"Tyler." 

"What about me? You didn't even asked what I wanted about our relationship! What if I didn't want us to break up? What if I said that i wanted to still be your girlfriend while I was away?" 

"You are going to be with so many other people, Tyler. Making new friendships and other guys...-" 

"Stop. Are you fucking serious? You think that I will cheat?" 

I grab her hands, " We haven't been apart for that long Tyler or that far... I'm not saying you will cheat. Im trying to say that feelings can change and maybe we only feel this strongly is because we are always by each other's side. Like fuck we were away from each other from a month and its was a lot for me." 

"It was hard for me too." 

"So you really want to go through it again?" 

"If it means I can be with you? YES. Because again, I love you... But i feel like you don't... or at least not as much as me... Don't think I haven't picked up on the fact you haven't said it back to me." 

I look down at my hands, "I don't know what to say." I can't say it, not when Im unsure of what will become of us. She looks at me pained. She doesn't say a word at first. She looks off where the rest of my family is, "So what does this mean for our Senior year? We can't just pretend we didn't just have this talk."  

" I really don't know..." I say helplessly. 

"Well... if you don't know then... I don't know why I'm here." 

"Oh come on Ty-" I say as I try to get to her. She pushes me away lightly causing me to sit back down. 

"At least say you are possibly starting to have those feelings.... Or... Do you know even feel like you are starting to?" I look at her blankly. She sighs heavily, "Listen Ceasar, you may want to live in the world where the future doesn't exist but it does. I understand you wanting to live in the moment but you need to start thinking what do you see your life becoming. I want you in my life but it's clear that you are set to not be in mine. If you don't start making your own decisions others will make it for you and you will have no one to blame but yourself if you are unhappy with how it turns out. You know where I stand. I want us to stay together senior year and I still want to date you while i'm away. But now knowing that you don't feel the same way at this point, I don't know if I want to... It seems like a waste of time..." 

My heart aches at her words, "A waste of time? How can you say that?" It was the first time she has said something to me that was hurtful to me. 

She doesn't say anything at first and then sits back down almost in a pouting stance, "I want to go home." silent tears escape her face as she aggressively wipes them. 

I sigh heavily, "Yeah, okay." As I row her back to shore. I glance at my family who are trying their hardest to not be in our business but know themselves well enough to know that was never going to happen. 

When we reach land she immediately gets out and walks back inside. I watch her leave just replaying in my mind where it all went wrong. 

"What the hell just happened?" asks R.J. as he comes up behind me with Adrian by his side. 

"I ... I.... I don't really know." I say finally. 

Adrian takes a deep breath, "Cesar, I love you but if you say I don't know and other time. I will kick you so hard you going to wish-"