Chapter 9

Its thanksgiving morning

Its thanksgiving morning. I go down stairs and help the adults set up breakfast. R.J. comes down with wet hair.

"Goodmorning." I say to him as he sips his coffee.

"Dad's coffee really hits the spot." Adrian comes down and takes a sip of his coffee. R.J. kisses Adrian and heads to the table.

My father sticks the turkey into the oven, "Cesar, How is college treating you?"

"Its going well. My classes are good. Next year I start planning my senior piece."

My mother sits at the table. "You are aware that we are all coming to see you in New York." I lean over on the chair.

"I am have been aware since freshman year." R.J and Adrian sits at the table. "How is the UK, Adrian, I heard you got a 1 year internship!"

"Yeah ill be finishing it in the summer! I wanted to be here for Thanksgiving because they said that you were going to be home! I haven't seen you in a while! Not to mention that your friends were coming!" I was a little nervous when Adrian started dating R.j. I thought our relationship would change from being like my friend to being my brother's boyfriend. I actually got to know him quite well when R.j. graduated from high school. We were close but we got closer because he was more free to be himself.

"But tell me about this wedding! When is it? Where is it? Have you decided?" I asked them.

"We decided on having it next Fall.. So your senior year! We want it to be like in the country but we are not sure how we wanna go about decorations and stuff. Momma Torsha and Mom going to help us on that." R.J explains to me. "You are going to be my best man, you know that right? So make sure you come home couple days early to celebrate!"

I look at Adrian, "What about you? Have a best man yet?"

"Emma is going to be my best maid.... Maiden?"

I cover my hand not to laugh. Emma hits Aiden upside his head, "Please don't tell me that's the official title because I will kill you if you put that on the program!" Emma walks in with mom and sits with us. "Not that I don't love you two but can we please talk about Tyler?" Emma asks impatiently.

"Lets." says Adrian as he leans forward while sipping tea. They all look at me. I take a sip of my water not saying a word.

"NO NO don't go and turn into your father again!" My mother says. We all look at my dad cooking who looks at us without a word and then goes back to cooking.

"I am my father's son." I reply.

"But honestly you need to give up some details because I'm dying to know as well." My father says as he continues preparing the sides for dinner. Mom points at him in agreement.

"Do you like her? Are you going to ask her out?" Mom asks.

"You better!" Tammy says as she sits next to us. I rub my face.