Chapter 5

Tyler's POV

Tyler's POV

I can't believe I will be dancing to a song that Cesar will be singing to. I am a lot more nervous than I thought I would be. Since the performance is next week we nearly work everyday on it. 

The first couple days we just listened to song and I just played around just seeing what would be good but now we have something a little more solid. We really work well together he gives good critiques and asks me if there anything in the music we want to change. He is doing his own rendition of the song and he wants to make sure it will all work together. 

With one day before the event we have one final rehearsal. 

"I am happy with what we got. How are you feeling about it?" I walk over to him putting my hair up.

"Its going to be great! I have never accompanied with a singer by myself before so i'm a little nervous."

He smiles at me and starts playing on the piano, "You will be fine. If you perform the way you did just now you will be fine. Plus my professors are more focused on my skills anyway. So don't put too much pressure on your self." I nod and stretch my body while he plays other songs. 

I walk up to him while he plays on the piano. I sit next to him on the bench and watch his hands move. Its so different from the original. It gives off such a different feel. One of timidness and sincerity.  He smiles at me while he sings. 

He makes me want to sing. I stand up and start singing using ASL. I sway to the beat of the piano. By the end of the song I found him looking at me. I am so embarrassed. I look down at the ground and I can feel my face getting hot. 

"Don't be embarrassed it was amazing! You sing beautifully!" 

I smile, "Thank you." 

I walk back to my dorm and find Tammy practicing her music. She took out her head phones.

"Hey! How did final practice go?" I sit at the table. 

"It went well. Cesar thinks we are ready." Tammy wiggles her eyes brows. "Shut up! I can't deal with you! We are just friends!" 

She slams her hands on the table. "Seriously! Tyler!? You gotta step it up!" 

"I don't want to rush things! Plus he might be willing to have a mute friend but i'm not sure if he would want a mute girlfriend."

"Seriously.. You are using that lame excuse again?"

"It's a legit concern." I look at her annoyed.

"The boy learned ASL for you. You literally have no excuse." I cross my arms and  blow a piece of hair from my face. Maybe I am making up excuses. I just don't want to put myself out there and then he tells me he is not interested in me like that. I don't think ill be able to handle it if he rejected me like that.