The Wedding

Hey! So quick disclaimer, I am NOT shipping Scott and Jimmy IRL. The coverart is also not mine, although I do not know who made it. If you see nay mistakes in my writing, please tell me. Thank you so much! IM CHANGING THE NAME OF THIS CHAPTER SINCE I JUST RELIZED ITS THE SAME AS OKE I JUST PUBLISHED LMAO.

-Eryn

-

"Scott! Get ready! You're meeting your future wife today!" I heard a voice say from the stairs of the palace. 

I sighed as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes. I've always dreaded this day. I don't even like women. I felt a frown grow on my face as I got out of bed. I looked over to my balcony, seeing the curtains sway gently in the wind. 

As I walked into the closet, I looked at the organized outfits. I read the sticker-labels on each section, looking the most formal outfit I own. "Oh god,," I mumbled after I saw the outfit: A white tunic with gold epaulets, cyan pants with golden stripes on the sides, brown boots, and a white cape with a gold trim. I looked over to the full-length mirror, flapping my wings. I'd had to practice this day twice a year since I was 6, at this point I was a professional. I quickly put on my top, not wanting to keep them waiting for too long. 

"I hate how I look in this outfit, and it's the last time I ever have to wear it." I mumbled to myself as I slipped the pants on. I always try to look on the positive side of things, but I was honestly really worried. 

"Scott if you don't hurry up we're gonna be late!" I heard my brother yell once again as I quickly zipped up my boots. I grabbed the cape, putting it around my neck. I clipped the cape chain to the other side as I looked in the mirror. I felt myself grow anxious just from seeing the outfit. "I really don't wanna do this,," I mumbled to myself as I walked towards the door.

-

"Ah! There you are! How's my little brother doing on his special day?" I heard Xornoth say as I walked down the stairs.

"I'm just relieved this is the last time I'll have to wear this tacky ass outfit." I chuckled. As I made it to the last step, Xornoth smiled. 

"I'm really proud of you, Scott. This is a big moment for the people of Rivendell. You're meeting the future queen, your future wife! It's so amazing to see my little brother grow up." He said, unusual for him to be this serious. I smiled in response, appreciating the care he was showing. 

I flexed my wings from habit, hearing Xornoth mutter something; "I promise there's nothing to worry about. You'll do great!" I smiled at him trying to comfort me, even though it didn't really work.

"There you are, Scott! Are you ready?" I heard my father say from the hallway. I gave a simple nod in response, walking towards the door with him. I looked at the cyan curtain before looking back at Xornoth, who gave a reassuring nod. 

When my father walked me in from the curtain everyone started clapping. I stood formally, feeling everyone's eyes on me. As the crowd quieted down, a girl by the name of Amy walked in, bowing in my presence.

I heard my mother say something as I began to zone out. I didn't want to get married to her. She seems like a nice person, I'm just not attracted to her. It would be so much easier if I was just straight. Or maybe if I could actually choose who to marry? 

I got snapped back to my thoughts by my father pulling me back behind the curtain. I listened as everyone murmured on the other side. 

"What's going on? Wasn't I just supposed to meet her today?" I asked Xornoth, who hissed in return. 

"About that-" He said scratching his neck awkwardly. 

"What do you mean about that?! What's happening?!" I felt myself grow anxious again.

"You may or may not be marrying her today too?" He said, a blank expression on my face.

"No, no, no, no! I can't do this!" I said, pacing nervously. 

"Hey hey, calm down! Haven't you practiced this before?!" Xornoth said, confused to why I'm so worried. 

"I literally just met her 5 minutes ago! And I don't even like women!" Not thinking about what I said, too occupied with the anxiety.

The room was silent for a moment.

"You what?!" I felt my heart shatter after I realized what I had said.

"I- I've got to go." I said, rushing out the palace.

"Scott wait!" Xornoth began running after me, but couldn't catch up.