The Ceremony

At the time in writing this we're at like 96 reads so thank you guys! I know by the time this goes up it'll probably be a lot more, but- anyway, love you guys <33

I was right it's at 280 and 1st in the flower husbands hashtag I'm crying /pos

TW: Alcohol!!

-

"All of you have gathered here today to celebrate the freedom of our empires!" Joel said, standing up from his seat. Everyone started clapping, proud of how far we had come.

"From the start of this world, everyone has accomplished so much. I'm so happy to be part of this, and I hope you all are too." He bowed, sitting back down in his seat.

"Does anyone else have anything they'd like to say?" Asked Scott, looking around to the other emperors.

"Well, if no one else has something to say, I guess it's time to eat!" Scott laughed.

I poured myself a tall glass of wine, sipping it occasionally as I ate. The food was delicious as well! I still can't believe how Joel and Xornoth had made it!

-

As everyone started leaving, I decided to stay behind to help clean up.

"I swear if you boys don't calm down you're going to end up hurting yourselves!" Gem ran down the steps behind a giggling Sausage and fWhip.

As I grabbed a few table-top decorations, I chatted with Xornoth and Scott, slowly learning more and more about them both.

"It's getting so late, how long are we gonna be here?" Xornoth wined, taking down a few banners off the fenceposts.

"It's like 9:00, Xornoth! And we literally live like 5 minutes away from here!" Scott laughed.

"I can't say the same for myself." I chuckled in response, turning back towards Xornoth.

"How far is The Cod Empire from here?" Scott asked, sipping more wine.

"About an hour and a half? Ish? Not too bad, but I have to walk all the way back." Xornoth looked a bit surprised.

"By the time you get back it'll be like midnight!" Xornoth exclaimed, leaning against a fence.

"Is Lizzie walking back with you?" Scott asked, sitting up a bit.

"No, she's going with Joel,," I laughed it off, grabbing a few party streamers and putting them in a bag.

"You're walking home alone in the dark?" Xornoth asked.

I didn't respond, thinking it was obvious.

-

"Are you sure you don't wanna stay here or something?" Scott asked, clearly worried about me.

"I'll be fine! It's not that late!" I was walking towards the steps as Scott followed.

"It's 11! It'll be 1 before you get home!" I was at the bottom of the stairs at this point, Scott right behind me still.

"It's not that big of a deal!" As I went to turn away Scott quickly grabbed my hand.

"You should at least let me walk with you! Walking alone this late at night, who knows what will happen?" Why did he care about me this much? Does he really have a crush on me? No,, he doesn't, does he?

"No! I promise I'll be alright! It's not that far, Scott!" I scoffed, pushing his hands away.

"Be careful, okay?! I don't want you getting hurt!" He exclaimed as I started to walk away.

"Oh wait!" He pulled off his cape, wrapping it around my neck. We were so close. If I needed any confirmation that I wasn't straight, this was it. He snapped the small chain to the cape, keeping it around my body.

"See you soon!" He ran off, leaving me flustered in the middle of the path.

I giggled it off, soon starting my walk home. It was gonna be a long night.

-

I was so tired. I kinda regretted not staying in Rivendell, although if I did my father would be furious. He still doesn't know about my crush on Scott, or the fact I'm even talking to the enemy. He didn't know where the ceremony was planned, I think he thought it was in Mezalea. I'm surprised he didn't question why I left so early and got back so late. It was almost 12 now, and the temperature started to drop. I never knew how cold it got at night until now. I never really went out this late. Last time I did was in the summer, it was amazing weather for it. The cape was keeping me warm, fortunately. It was really comfortable as well, lined with wool.

I was so close, yet so far from home. It was supposed to rain soon, knowing me I won't get home before then. My vision was starting to go blurry. I was so tired. Usually I can walk this far and be fine. Maybe it was the wine, or how late it is, the weather, maybe? I wasn't sure, but that didn't matter now. I was exhausted. I wanted to be home already, as anyone would. I wish there was someone here walking with me. I'd be okay with anyone at this point. Lizzie, Scott, fWhip, anyone! If I was with someone, I'd be able to stay awake longer, wouldn't I?

I felt small droplets of water hitting me. It was raining, already? I continued walking on the path, seeing the warm glow of the village.

-

This is almost 900 words, and I'm super tired, so unless I add on before I publish this tomorrow, sorry for the shorter chapter! I love you guys! And thank you once again for all the support and love on the last chapters!