A Brutal Place

I meant to post this yesterday, then completely forgot-

-

"Scott, Jimmy! Can I talk to you both for a moment?" Scott's mother was calling us.

"Come on!" Scott laughed, grabbing my hand and pulling me downstairs.

"Scott!"

"Hello, boys!" His mother said, she was waiting at the bottom of the steps.

"Good evening, miss!" I smiled, Scott doing the same.

"Are you both ready for the wedding tomorrow morning? It's not too late to change the date if it's needed."

Scott immediately turned to me, seeming a bit worried. I smiled, nodding.

"I think so." He turned back to his mother.

"Alright, great! It's tomorrow evening, but I'm guessing you both already knew that." She laughed.

"Yep! I was just finishing up the invitations, they should reach each empire later today!" Scott smiled, watching as his mother gestured for us to return upstairs.

Scott pulled me back up, this time with a little less force, as his mother walked off.

"So,," He laughed, closing the door after we walked back in his room.

"Do you wanna read over one of the letters? I'd love your opinion on it!" He smiled.

"Yes, please!" He handed me an unsealed letter, addressed to the Grimlands.

"fWhip,

You have been invited to a wedding between Solidarity of the Cod Empire and Smajor of Rivendell. This will be held in the Rivendell church on July 9th, at 6pm. We'd be happy to see you there. Feel free to invite any of your people as well!

Warm regards,
Smajor"

"It's great!" I handed the letter back to him, smiling softly.

"I'm glad you like it! I just need to finish a few more."

-

The thought of me being married to Scott was fucking amazing. I was only worried about my father. I didn't want him to be there, nor any of his people. But knowing my luck, he's going to be at the wedding. And he's definitely going to be disappointed. I would be too. I'm gay, rulers aren't supposed to be gay! Right? No,, Scott's a great ruler, and he's gay! What the fuck is wrong with me. I shouldn't be thinking like this. I shouldn't be like this!

I decided to go to sleep early, mainly just to get my mind off things. Scott had left the room a while ago, I'm guessing he was just talking to someone, but that's none of my business. I changed into my pajamas quickly, getting into bed. I need to stop overthinking everything. I was honestly quite tired, maybe this was better anyway. I thought about random things before falling asleep, mainly the wedding.

-

"Good morning." I heard someone say from a far.

It was pitch black, all I could see was a figure walking towards me.

"Maybe you'll have a better reaction." They held out their hand towards me.

"Who are you?" I was nervous, but tried to stay clam.

"That's nothing you need to know. Now, are you coming with me or not?" Their eyes glowed a bright red, scaring me a bit.

"What would happen if I didn't?"

"You'd be trapped in the dark till you woke up. That little boyfriend of yours almost went crazy staying here." They laughed, but it sounded more evil than anything.