4 | Broken Rememberance

There was a thick fog - a light grey mist that enveloped all that could be seen. They couldn't pick out any distinct shapes or figures wherein they had suddenly been transported to, and had nothing to go off for their current location.

"There you are!"

Soundwave whirled around in a defensive stance when a cybertronian stepped into the mysterious haze.

"What are you staring into space over there for? Come on, take a seat." The mech laughed a little, a light-hearted glint in his cyan optics. A strange pang of familiarity struck Soundwave as they were pulled along by the bot out of the fog and into a city; reduced to wreckage.

"Plenty of seats." The golden mech managed a smile, taking their own spot on a piece of what once used to be a part of an unmistakably cybertronian structure. Soundwave knew then where they were. Or rather, where they had to be.

A dream.

And this golden bot, his paint chipped and faded past the point of no return, was none other than the Autobot accomplice to Soundwave's ultimate misfortune. The area was different; it wasn't the same place they had originally met before. Most likely a different sector of the city, more structurally stable and less buildings reduced to rubble. Most of all...less of the dead lying around.

"I know we haven't met long enough to be considered good friends, but I'd still like to get to know the real you, Soundwave." The golden mech entwined his servos together and hunkered down, his elbows resting in a composed manner on his stabilizing servos while holding an open gaze towards him. Soundwave rapidly twisted his face in suspicion.

How do you know my n-

"-Sure, Shiner."

Soundwave's body seemingly moved on its own, and spoke on its own. His initial question towards the golden mech didn't even look like it registered to him.

What the- what's going on? Did I just speak--normally? And to an Autobot no less? And that makes another point:

How did I know their name?

'Soundwave' folded his arms across his chest plate, still somewhat unwilling despite initially voicing his agreement. "After you tell me your story first. Rust Bucket." The edges of his mouth curled upwards into a slight smile. A smile. A visible one at that.

Soundwave's visor was no where to be found, and his unadulterated, masculine visage shone unveiled from the confinements of a mask. An utterly vulernable feeling dwelled uncomfortably within present Soundwave's tanks.

Shiners' optics squinted with a subtle grin, followed by a soft chuckle.

"Haha, yes. Rust bucket. It does seem that way, doesn't it? My pals from Iacon always said I was the brightest bot on all of Cybertron, but now it seems I've all but lost my sheen." He reminisced, the glow of his optics dimming slightly.

"Those were the days, weren't they..? Oh- right, I guess my days were probably better off than yours, considering we were on opposite sides of the war." Shiner noted their insignias, scratched out but not enough to be completely rid of them. Soundwave watched himself and this 'Shiner' in stunned silence.

"N-Not to stereotype or anything, it's just, Decepticons usually had it worse off because of the Caste System, y'know? Most of us Autobots had more domesticated affairs, rather than laborious. Megatron himself was a gladiator in the illegal Pits of Kaon." Shiner averted his gaze, swallowing nervously.

"...As was I."

Soundwave's low voice echoed out smoothly. Shiner's optics shot up in surprise. "Really? O-oh wow! You must be really strong then." He let out a short chuckle afterwards. Soundwave remained silent, his vibrant optics trailing to the ground.