6 | Ravage

The yellow optics uttered another growl, but this time it was followed by a tilt of their helm into the light. They jumped out of the shadows, and slowly crept closer as if they were openly stalking their prey.

Eventually, they started trotting over until they reached Soundwave with a warm, robotic purr.

"Ravage--you have returned."

Soundwave greeted, gently stroking the top of their head. Another soft growl rose up from their throat as they closed their optics and leaned into him. Soundwave's expression settled into a small smile behind his visor. The two have finally been reunited after all this time that has passed between them - it must have been eons. Megatron will be pleased with the new addition to their cause on Earth.

Cr-rack!

Ravage's head shot up in alarm at the sound of one of the Vehicon's stepping out from their cover and cracking a large branch. Soundwave gave them a brief side glance, watching the Decepticon flinch and then fall still.

"Not--foe."

Soundwave explained bluntly to their mini-con as he returned his gaze to them. Ravage flicked his tail, the wary Decepticon piquing his interest. The other Vehicons soon emerged, and stepped carefully towards the Third in Command.

"Sir Soundwave, what...is that, exactly?" A Vehicon asked, representing the voice of the others who all had a similar inquiry. Soundwave waited a moment before picking himself up from his position on the ground with a lengthened vent, Ravage's golden optics following him up as he went. Soundwave made sure all optics were on him before he stuck a clawed digit at the being - more specifically its Decepticon symbol on its upper front leg - before turning his servo over into a gesture that inferred them to be a welcome visitor.

"Designation: Ravage."

----

There was a loud whirl of the groundbridge spurring to life, and a group of four walked out of it, the single two-wheeler possessing a scanner in hand.

"Arcee." The voice of the Autobot leader prompted in his deep baratone.
Arcee nodded, and moved in front of the group, momentarily pausing to read the gauge before lifting her optics in the direction it provided.

"Its just up ahead." Arcee stated, moving forward. The other Autobots followed, preparing their cannons in case they meet the Decepticons in battle. Once the escape pod was in their sights, they saw something else that caught them off guard.

"Look, the Decepticons!" Bulkhead pointed a ways into the opposide side of the forest. A few seconds later however, and they were gone through the open ground bridge in a swirl of light. Bumblebee whirred in confusion when it closed, looking to Optimus. Prime slowly diverted his optics back to the pod, and walked over to it, transforming his blasters back into servos. He placed one lightly onto the outer wall of the pod. A soiled Decepticon insignia was engraved on its side.

"It is of Decepticon Origin." Optimus said dimly. Arcee clenched her servos into fists. "Guess that's how they got here first." She said, glaring down at the ground.

"And the pod's empty. The Decepticons probably got what they were after." Bulkhead sighed. The escape pod was, miraculously, undamaged for the most part, so any chance that whatever was inside was destroyed or mortally wounded was next to none. Optimus raised his helm and looked out into the thick forest, the sound of a small stream running closeby echoing softly in the silence.

"I have a feeling that we will soon be made aware of the identity of whom was within this escape pod, when we must face them in the heat of battle..."

----