Chapter 20 - A close call

"So what happened was... Connor got stabbed while I was sleeping and Jay and Will was at work. Then I ran away from MED and ran into Adrian and and I-I ran here" Alex said hyperventilating a bit as Severide calmed her down.

"Alex take a deep breath and relax" Severide said taking Alex's hands noticing she was hiding something.

"Is that a gun?" Severide asked looking concerned at her. Trying to take the gun away from her she took behind her back.

"I'm sorry Kelly... I had to protect myself from him. It was my only option, you know what he did to me in the past" Alex said bribing tightly on to the gun considering wether or not to pull the trigger.

"Alex give me the gun or I will have to call your brothers" Severide said reaching his hand out for her to hand over the gun, but that wasn't what was gonna happen. Next thing you know is Casey walks in to check on them on a bad timing with Alex first admin the gun towards Casey, but then aiming it towards herself as she doesn't want to hurt anyone else.

"Alex put the gun down, it doesn't have to end like this. We can talk about it and we'll get through this together" Severide said trying to her as he singled for Casey to go and inform the others.

"Hey I just talked with Crocket. Connor is out of surgery, the bullet was through and through so they're expecting him to have a full recovery" Sylvie said walking to Casey with a bright smile.

"That's great news, because we got a bit of a situation. Maybe you and Stella can try and talk with her as she won't listen to either me or Severide" Casey said showing Sylvie the situation as she got eye contact with Severide and Casey went off to find Stella and notify chief.

The thing with Alex, Sylvie and Stella is that they're sisters and other than Severide they're the only other two who can get completely through to her.

Casey went to notify chief after he sent off Stella.

"Alex, it's me Stella. Please put down the gun and we can work this out" Stella said trying to get Alex's attention.

"Your in pain and I get that I really do but trust me when I say that this isn't the way to do it" Stella continued to say as Casey were slowly walking up behind her.

"Alex listen to her. I know you don't want any of this, but you've been broken and it hurts deep" Severide said as she slowly lowered her gun.

"Jay and Will... They deserve better" Alex as she pressed the trigger in.

"Casey!" Severide yelled as he pushed the gun out of Alex's hand and took her into his arms using his body to protect her as the gun went off.

"Hey hey it's okay. We're going to help you through this" Casey said hugging her as she was trembling and shaking in his arms.

"Let's get you to MED and have you checked out, okay?" Casey said looking at Alex nodding her head slowly as he lifted her up when her head falls back.

"She's losing consciousness. We gotta get her to MED quickly" Casey said as he and Severide jumped in the back of the ambo with Sylvie and Dawson driving.