Chapter 22 - Life or death

"Hey Alex. It's good to see you again. How are you?" Dr. Charles asked sitting next to her.

"Is Stella gonna be okay?" Alex asked looking down at her hands who were trembling a bit.

"It's to early to tell, but I can see on you that you didn't mean for this to happen am I right?" Dr. Charles asked as Alex started tending up about this whole thing.

"I didn't do it. The gun was slapped out of my hand before it went off. I had no intention on hurting anyone else!" Alex screamed at Dr.Charles as she curled up in a ball refusing to say anymore.

"Okay and I believe you. After everything you've been through I get why you're feeling like this and that you want to protect the people who you love and care about" Dr. Charles said as Alex started tearing up. He was right about everything he said and she low-key hated that.

"I want to speak with Detective Ruzek and I want go know if Stella is gonna make it" Alex said not having any eye contact with Dr. Charles as he nodded his head and walked out of the room closing the door behind him.

The thing with Alex and Adam is that since she went undercover for Intelligence to help getting Jay back, something happened between the two of them and when he later that day joined her in the hospital and was with her all the time. From that moment off they decided to keep their relationship a secret from everyone else.

"Can I get an update on Stella Kidd?" Dr. Charles asked April as she went to check on her.

After thst he walked into waiting area to see it be filled cops and firefighters.

"Adam Ruzek?" He said as Adam stood up and the rest looked a bit confused.

"You're requested in there. Follow me" Dr. Charles said as Adam followed him into the ED and got let into see Alex.

"Dr. Charles! Stella is doing absolutely fine. They took her to surgery when she arrived but when they got her opened up they didn't find any gun shot wound. Turns out she was just hit really hard by the gun and not actually shot by it" April said happy to deliver the good news.

Happy about these news he went to update Alex when he seemed to walk in to the middle of something between the two of them.

"Am I interrupting anything?" Dr. Charles asked standing in the door as Adam walked to the side of Alex's bed to reveal a few hickeys.

"I just came with an update on Stella that you asked for and they're hoping to discharge her in a few hours" Dr. Charles said as Alex smiled a bit.

"So the surgery went well I'm assuming?" Alex said looking up at Adam who smiled and squeezed her hand.

"There was no need for one. Turns out she wasn't actually shot by the gun but when got slapped out of your hand it just hit her really hard from a bad angle" Dr. Charles as Alex got s bit confused now but also happy that Stella is okay.

"There's something I don't get then. When I looked out from Casey's arms after the gun had fired I just saw Stella with her hand over the side that was filled with blood and in the Ambo on the way to MED i looked over at Kelly and saw he had blood on him, but I just assumed it was Stella's" Alex said suddenly getting really worried for Severide.

What if he was the one who got shot by the gun, but just kept silent about it as he didn't wanna cause more trouble than there already was. She knew how stubborn he was and she didn't like where this was going.

"Adam you stay with Alex and I will go out and check on him" Dr. Charles said as both of them nodded their heads as Adam started keeping Alex calm and reassuring her everything would be alright.

"Dr. Halstead. We have a possible gun shot victim running around with an open wound. The name is Kelly Severide. The case is thst Stella didn't actually get shot by the gun and I just talked to Alex and she's sure it the Lieutenant instead of. She says she remember seeing him with blood on him in the Ambo to med" Dr. Charles said as Will nodded his head as went out in the waiting area to search for Kelly.

"I need to speak with Kelly Severide, where is he?" Will said looking worried around in the waiting room.

"He went home to chance his shirt and to take some aspirin since he complained of some pain in his side. Why doctor is anything wrong?" Casey asked standing up as he got worried.

As Will was about to speak a young man car running in with blood all over him.

"You gotta come with me. I was on my in to visit my daughter when I saw this firefighter laying unconscious by his truck in the parking lot with a lot of blood on him."