Chapter 1: How to Train Your Dragon

Once everyone is comfortable, the movies starts.

[We glide across the ocean to see an island surrounded by fog. The moment the island is shown, a boy speaks.]

"This is Berk," Hiccup's voice came as a voiceover. "It's twelve days north of Hopeless, and a few degrees south of Freezing to Death."

"Is that you, Hiccup?" Fishlegs asks, knowing the answer.

"Well, it's my voice, but I don't remember this," Hiccup replies.

[We glide through the fog to see two giant Viking statues with fires burning in their mouths.]

"It's located solidly on the Meridian of Misery."

A lot of people laugh at the truth in his words.

"It's not that bad is it?" Stoick asked Gobber.

His friend simply shrugs before turning his attention back to the movie.

[We go past the statues only to dive through a crashing wave and jump to a closer shot of the island. As we pan in a circular motion, we see several structures, houses, and a sheep farm.]

"My village. In a word, sturdy. And it's been here for seven generations, but, every single building is new. We have fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets."

[We land on two sheep grazing in the grass.]

"The only problems are the pests."

"Leave it to you to make our 'pests' sound like a small problem," Astrid laughs.

A dragon carries one sheep away. The other resumes grazing.

"You see, most places have mice or mosquitoes. We have..."

A dragon fires at the screen as a door slams shut, a boy cowering behind it

"...dragons. Most people would leave. Not us. We're Vikings."

The Berkians cheer.

"We have stubbornness issues."

"You're one to talk," Astrid says, as most of the Berkians turn to glare at Hiccup.

Hiccup runs outside, where all the houses are on fire and Vikings are tussling with dragons all around.

"My name's Hiccup."

Viggo's and Ryker's jaws drop in shock. They know that Hiccup's always been a fishbone, but not this small of a fishbone.

"Great name, I know. But, it's not the worst. Parents believe a hideous name will frighten off gnomes and trolls. Like our charming Viking demeanour wouldn't do that."

"You don't like your name?" Stoick asks.

"I didn't, but now, I have a certain appreciation in being a... hiccup," he replies, subconsciously scratching Toothless' chin.

Hiccup dodges several Vikings. A nearby explosion from the blast of a teal Gronckle causes him to trip and a male Viking roars in his face.

"ARGGGHHHHH!" The Viking roars before smiling madly. "Mornin'!"

The Viking gets up and runs off towards a the battle.

"What are you doin' out?" Hoard yells at Hiccup as he runs by.

"I needed to get to work," Hiccup says.

"Get back inside!" Phlegma shouts.

"My house was on fire," Hiccup replies as if he's back there right now.