Chapter 7: Break 2

"Valka?" Stoick gasps in shock.

"I know what you're going to say, Stoick," Valka starts. "How could I have done this? Stayed away all these years. And why didn't I come back to you? To our son. Well, what sign did I have that you could change, Stoick? That anyone on Berk could?"

All of Berk looks at each other guiltily.

Stoick, still shocked, doesn't say anything through all this and instead slowly moves closer to Valka, who backs up.

Everyone except for the Haddocks, Gobber, and Astrid turn away, and talk amongst themselves to give them some privacy. Astrid's about to walk away, too, but Hiccup gently grabs her hand, so she wouldn't leave.

"I pleaded so many times to stop the fighting," Valka continues. "To find another answer, but did any of you listen?"

"This is why I never married," Gobber remarks to Hiccup and Astrid. "This and one other reason."

"I know that I left you to raise Hiccup alone... but I thought he'd be better off without me," Valka goes on. "And I was wrong, I see that now, but..." She nervously backs up against the wall, on the verge of tears. "Oh stop being so stoic, Stoick. Go on... SHOUT, SCREAM, SAY SOMETHING!"

She's frantic now.

Stoick caresses Valka's cheek. She stares at him in fear.

"You're as beautiful as the day I lost you," Stoick whispers, also on the verge of tears.

They share a tender kiss, and as the pull away, Astrid gently pushes Hiccup towards them. He looks at her uncertainly.

"Astrid, are you sure I should?" He asks hesitantly.

"Of course," she replies. "She's your mother. You should talk to her."

"She's right, lad," Gobber agrees. "She loves ye."

Zephyr impatiently grabs her father's younger self's hand, and pulls him towards her grandparents, determined to get her stubborn father to talk to them. Hiccup, too surprised by her actions doesn't fight her, and instead looks back at Astrid, who laughs slightly. She taps Stoick's side, and when he turns to them, Zephyr motions to Hiccup before stepping aside.

"Valka, this is our son, Hiccup," Stoick introduces him despite it having been mentioned earlier.

Valka wraps Hiccup up in her arms, and Stoick hugs them both tightly. When he releases both of them, Valka looks at Stoick, her smile disappearing.

"Now, let's talk about how you've been treating our son, Stoick," she says sternly.

"Mom, it's okay," Hiccup assures her. "It's been years since, well, that. Our relationship is much better now."

"If you're sure, son," Valka sighs. She looks at the auburn haired girl behind Hiccup. "Who's this?"

"I'm Zephyr Haddock," Zephyr replies.

"Haddock?" Valka asks.

Lovelyn decides to cut in.

"Zephyr and her brother, Nuffink, are from the future," the godling explains. "A future where Hiccup, and Astrid are thirty-one."

"So you're my granddaughter?" Stoick asks.

"From the future," Zephyr nods.

"I have grand babies!" Stoick exclaims, hugging the girl as Nuffink runs over.

Valka hugs her future grandson as Hiccup walks over to Astrid.

"Sorry, but I couldn't help overhear," Heather says. "Who's the mother?"

Both kids point to Astrid.

"So the denial does end?" Stoick questions her.

"They were in denial?" Zephyr asks, tilting her head. She thought her parent were always like that.

"Hiccup, who is this lovely lady?" Valka asks.

"Mom, this is Astrid," Hiccup introduces his secret girlfriend.

"Is she your girlfriend, then?" She asks. "If she's the mother of your future children."

Hiccup and Astrid blush.

"No," Hiccup lies. "We're just friends."

"Shall we continue?" Lovelyn asks stopping Valka from responding.

"Yes, Lovelyn," Hiccup replies.

Zephyr, and Nuffink sit with their grandparents this time.

A/N: Here's your chapter. I'm thinking of adding 30 year old Hiccstrid at some point, but I need a nickname for Hiccup so I can differentiate them. If you have any suggestions, please comment them. 

Anyway, enjoy the chapter. Please comment. Stay safe.