Chapter 4: Break

"I think that that's a good time as any to stop and take a break," Lovelyn says. "Feel free to chat, and eat any of the foods that are on the table at the back. If you need to have a private conversation, you can have it in one of the rooms behind the doors over there."

The godling points at the doors on the side of the room that weren't there a moment ago.

Everyone gets up, and starts to line up for food. After they get some yak chops, and vegetables, and some fish for the dragons, Hiccup and Astrid sit down on the seat they were sitting in earlier, and the same two kids sit next to them.

"Hi," Hiccup says. "What are your names?"

"I'm Zephyr," the girl replies. "And that's my little brother, Nuffink. You're Hiccup, and Astrid, right?"

"Yes," Hiccup answers. "Where are you two from?"

"Oh, an island quite far from here," Zephyr replies. "Our Dad's the Chief."

She turns to Toothless.

"Toothless is so beautiful, and cute," she smiles.

"How'd you know his name?" Hiccup asks.

"Hiccup, I'm pretty sure everyone knows who he is by now," Astrid tells him.

"Can I touch him?" Nuffink asks.

"Of course," Hiccup agrees. "Here, give me your-"

He stops abruptly, seeing the kids stretching out their arms, and looking away, giving Toothless the choice to come to them. Toothless presses his nose against their open palms.

Hiccup and Astrid look at them in shock, since not many people know that move.

"Who taught you that?" Astrid asks suspiciously.

"Our dad," Nuffink says excitedly.

"Lovelyn said that some of us are from different years," Astrid says. "When are you two from?"

"About eleven years from now, give or take," Zephyr replies, seeing no way out of this one.

"And your parents are...?" Hiccup asks, his heart thumping in his chest.

"Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III," Zephyr mumbles.

The teenagers blink.

"Who's the mother?" Hiccup asks uncertainly, as if unsure as to whether he wants the answer or not.

Zephyr points to Astrid.

Before they can say anything else, though, Lovelyn calls back everyone's attention, so she can continue the movie.