Chapter One

Robinkit pounced onto Dark-kit's tail. "Got you!" she  squealed with delight as Dark-kit snatched his tail away. "Cut it out Robinkit! I want to hear what Silverstar is going to say!" Growled Dark-kit Annoyed at his sister's kit-like behaviour. " I know what she's going to say!" said Robinkit gleefully. "so do I, I just want to hear it!" Replied Dark-kit growing even more annoyed.

 "Let all cats old enough to swim gather to hear my words!" Silverstar's voice rang out across the camp. "It is a good time in the clan  for we have two new apprentices  to name. Robinkit you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Robinpaw. Your mentor will be Stoneclaw. I hope he will pass down all he/she knows on to you." 

Silverstar turned to face Stoneclaw. "You are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Graytail, and you have shown yourself to be brave and kind. You will be the mentor of Robinpaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Her." Robinpaw reached up to touch noses with her new mentor. I wonder who my mentor will be! 

"Dark-kit, come forward." Dark-kit stepped forward proudly as his leader named him Darkpaw and assigned him Graytail as a mentor. Wow! A really experienced warrior! The large gray tom bent down slightly to touch noses with him. Darkpaw noticed Dawnfeather watching with mixed pride and grief in her eyes. That's because of my littermates! Darkpaw realised, thinking of the two littermates of his that had died before their eyes opened. Littlekit and Specklekit would never get their apprentice names.

Dawnfeather came over and licked the top of his head. "I'm so proud of you two. Littlekit and Specklekit are watching us from Starclan. Now that you two are apprentices, there's something you should know. I don't want this to come between you two, but you have the right to know. Robinpaw, Darkpaw, you are not truly littermates. Darkpaw isn't even related to us." 

Darkpaw stared in shock at his mother, No, at the liar who had claimed to be his mother for so long. "It's OK Mommy, I remember when you brought Darkpaw into the clan. I remember when you woke me in the middle of the night, standing up suddenly." Dawnfeather gaped at her daughter's words. Oakfur cast a nervous look at his daughter and whispered something into his mate's ear. he turned to them, "you two should go see if your mentors want anything." he said and then turned and walked away, with his mate close behind him.

Darkpaw turned furiously on his sister, NO! his FALSE sister. "So you knew the whole time?! And you never thought to tell me?! How could you betray me like that, let me think that we were littermates for so long?!" Darkpaw stalked off, barely glancing back. How could she do that to me?! He looked back and saw the bewildered and hurt look on his sister's face. It almost made him go back.