Chapter Two

Robinpaw stared after her brother, hurt and confused. Why can't he remember?  Why was Dawnfeather so upset? suddenly a voice broke into her thoughts, "Hey Robinpaw! Want to go over the borders?" Stoneclaw mewed playfully. Not really, but I don't have a choice, do I? "Okay." She sighed, unenthusiastically. "What's wrong, you're usually full of energy!" Said Stoneclaw concerned. "I-I'm fine, really, let's go" She mewed back, heading for the barrier. Stoneclaw followed behind her, slipping into the stream surrounding the camp, smooth as a fish.  

Immediately she began to feel better. It was impossible not to with the bouncy young tom at her side and the scent of the forest filling her with a sense of adventure. "Let's head to the Windclan border first. It's a bit swampy there, so watch your paws!" Stoneclaw raced away through the trees, and Robinpaw let her paws follow the path, going faster and faster until she caught up to Stoneclaw. They stopped to catch their breath, and she stared at the huge animals that were nearby. "W-what are t-those?" She said, suddenly aware of how small and untrained she was.

 "It's okay, they won't hurt us. They're horses, they live in the Horseplace, that's the big Twoleg den over there. Some cats live there, not quite kittypets, not quite rogues, but definitely not Clan cats." Robinpaw stared at the horseplace in wonder, "Why do they live so close to the two-legs? That's so weird!"  Stoneclaw purred, amused at the younger cat's curiosity. "lots of cats choose to live with or near two-legs. It's easier than being a rogue or a warrior." Robinpaw considered this carefully.

"I could never leave my clan. I want to be the best warrior I can be." she said seriously. "I believe in you. You could be the clan leader if you put your mind to it!" Stoneclaw said. "Now come on, lets check the other borders.