Chapter Three

(A/N: Sorry for the delay on this chapter, hope you like it! Sorry it's so short!)

Twigs and leaves crackled underpaw as Darkpaw stormed through the undergrowth, seething with anger. "Quite down, you're scaring all the prey away from here to the mountains!" Hissed Graytail, grumpy as always. " I thought we were patrolling the borders, not hunting." Darkpaw snapped back. "Well we might not be hunting but others are," Retorted Graytail, angry at how disrespectful his apprentice had been,"Besides, it's good to practice stepping lightly and being unheard." 

Darkpaw sighed, he knew that none of this was Graytail's fault, not really, but Graytail could have been nicer. He stepped lightly now, avoiding the dead leaves that littered the ground. Graytail nodded approvingly, seeming to have calmed down. For the first time Darkpaw really looked around. He saw the red-gold light, filtering through the leaves. It really was beautiful in the forest. Darkpaw hoped his sister was okay- no, no his fake sister that he didn't care about. He tried to stop thinking about her. She betrayed me, and I bet she hates me now anyway. We were such good friends as kits though. I guess some things change .

"Stop staring at that tree and come on, we have a lot of ground to cover before it gets too dark." And others don't!  He almost purred.