The Red Man

Y/n POV:

You reluctantly grabbed his hand.

David:see now GOD I love that! Most people are intimidated with me right out of the gate so I'm glad someone finally saw some reason!

Y/n:you seem like just another businessman to me.

David:oh trust me kid-

Suddenly, red rocks began to grow on David's hand. It quickly molded over into yours locking you both together. You tried to jerk your hand away but to no avail.

David:looks can be deceiving.

You both simply starred at each other, giving seemingly intimidating looks the entire time.

David:...PFFFT hah hah hah!

The red stone broke off from both of your arms as David busted out laughing.

David:I mean It gets them EVERY time! You see that phantom?

Phantom:outstanding sir.

David:oh it wasn't outstanding you idiot It was funny!

Y/n:you grew rocks on my damn hand!

Brimstone:relax. Just apart of his power.

David:actually that stone does more good ON you than it does flying at you. Still, it's good to see you've got some guts.

Y/n:is that it? That all you wanted to see?

David:we'll usually yes but YOU my boy have caught my attention!

Y/n:look I'd love to stick around and chat but-

David:oh? Off on another mission? I'm sure it can wait-

Y/n:no no. we've just got injured In the medical ward. I was planning on helping them before brimstone pulled me out to meet you.

He stepped back and grabbed his chest.

David:oh my- of course! How bad is it?

Brimstone:well...some of em have some pretty bad gashes, maybe even some broken bones. But sage should be able to fix em up.

David:yes this...sage, I've heard she's quite the healer. Me and the boy can head there now, check up on them.

Brimstone:I-

It was so strange. Usually brimstone was very authoritative and upfront...But around this man he almost seemed...timid. Was David really that popular? Or perhaps...intimidating?

Brimstone:fine, but ONE quick stop and then you'll have to leave.

David:of course. It's your show.

He turned to his guards.

David:the rest of you stay with the ship! I won't be long.

Timeskip

Brimstone seemed to be leading the way towards the clinic. David however never took his eyes off of you.

David:you've changed...

Your mind froze for a moment. The man continued with a sarcastic tone.

David:I mean physically your fantastic, but vigilantism? Seriously y/n? I never thought they'd except you here...

You started at him in slight shock, did he really remember you after one good look?

Y/n:how did you know?

He starred straight forward, this time with a more menacing look.

David:what the strange look didn't give it away? all those years in that...pit. I only had a handful of thing to think about, sometimes places, gifts, birthdays, holidays, or just faces and names...and you were one of em.