Manners Please

Y/n POV:

One day later.

After a quick phone call with David and a less than eager reaction from Sage you were in your room putting on what you considered to be formal attire. It was no suit as you didn't exactly have the money for such a thing nowadays but it would do for one night. It was a four hour flight from the Base to Toronto Canada, so most of you took the majority of your day either resting or getting ready. Just as you were finishing up your outfit you heard a knock at your door.

Brimstone:it's me. Open up.

You opened your door and saw Brimstone fidgeting with his tie.

Y/n:having trouble old man?

Brimstone:no trouble, just hate wearing these things. Way too restricting.

Y/n:you don't have to wear a suit you know.

Brimstone:my fashion sense ain't why I'm here.

He stepped inside and closed the door.

Brimstone:omens not one for parties and Killjoys way to banged up to be going anywhere right now.

Y/n:figured, so just the two of us then?

Brimstone:wrong, just as I thought Sage had a change of plans when you told her you were going.

He sat down at your desk.

Brimstone:I've already trusted you with why these two don't like each other so I assume you know where this is going.

Y/n:yeah...just not so sure I like it.

Brimstone:your a peacekeeper are you not? If you can stop riots and wars from happening what's so hard about two radiants with a grudge?

Y/n:this is different. I don't know all the details, it's practically why I'm going in the first place. David's dangerous...but intriguing, i need to know who's really deserving of my trust.

Brimstone:god kid you can trust Sage-

Y/n:can I? She refuses to tell me about what happened every step of the way, not saying David's any better but at least he's given me something to work with.

He staid quiet for a moment before shaking his head.

Brimstone:all I know is whatever Sage did in the past, she ain't that person now. She'd happily give her life for anyone on the team.

He then stood up.

Brimstone:look ask all the questions you want but I at least want some help in terms of keeping those two from killing each other.

Y/n:of course, I won't let that happen.

Brimstone:so long as both of us are keeping the peace this should go pretty smoothly.

Timeskip

As the day came to a close you and Brimstone awaited your final guest as one of Davids luxurious transports entered the base.

Sage:we're seriously getting in that?

Sage approached in a very nice looking green silk dress with a less than pleased look on her face.

Y/n:don't know what you're talking about, this thing looks more expensive then everything I own combined.

Sage:looks aren't everything Angel.

She gave you a frustrated look, the fact that your broke your promise to her wasn't exactly helping your situation.

Sage trust -10