Ch. 1 Cereal

Crisp streaks of sunlight cut through your dim bedroom, highlighting the ambient dust floating in the air. The room is cool from the air conditioning, a must at the end of August. Turning over you address the screaming alarm clock on your night stand that woke you up in the first place.

Your finger swipes the slider across your phone screen turning off the loud buzzer. Checking the time and feeling your stomach grumble, you decide it may be time to get up. It is 10:30 after all. With a yawn you sit up onto the edge of the bed, tasting your own terrible breath.

Throwing a bra under your oversized sleep shirt you brush your teeth. You grimace at your bed head as you come up from washing your face. Giving it a good brush you pull your hair up into a messy pony.

Thumping loudly down the stairs you rush into the kitchen hoping to get to the stove before your brother. If he gets up before you with the way he likes to eat all the time, you'll be stuck with cereal, again. Hanging right around the corners you stop dead in your tracks as you reach the doorway.

Your brother and his friend have already co-oped the kitchen for their own use. They are huddled at the kitchen island with their backs to you as something on the stovetop sizzles away.

"Hey- shit-" Your brother looks over at you, racing around the island to stand in front of you bracing his hands on either side of the door frame blocking your entry. "Go put some pants on, the guys are here."

"I have shorts on, Kook." You say defensively, lifting the hem of your giant t-shirt to reveal your short jammie shorts. "You could have told me we had company."

Looking over his shoulder you see Taehyung has already turned around. He gives a small wave and a goofy smile.

Ducking under your brother's arm you step into the kitchen greeting his friend casually.

"I didn't think I had to. I didn't think you'd come downstairs wearing nothing." He snarks as you pass.

"Lay off her bro, it's her house." Taehyung says, coming to your aid. "Besides, you have nothing to worry about. She'll always be the dorky little sister who alway tries to tag around with us."

You move to get to the fridge to grab the milk but Taehyung's arm closelines you, wrapping you into a headlock putting your face right in his armpit. His knuckles rub into the top of your head roughly. "Isn't that right sis?"

He'll never change will he?

"Ah! Get off- me-" Pushing out of his grasp you scowl at the two chuckling. "Exactly why are you here???"

"Move in day remember?" Jungkook says going to flip what looks like pork belly.

"No, that's not 'til next monday." You say adamantly, shaking your head.

"Yea for you it is." Jungkook replies with all sorts of attitude and sass. "We-" he gestures broadly with the spatula between himself and Tae. "-are seniors. We move in today."

Ooh, yea that does ring a bell...

"Yea, you sophomores still run around like chickens with their heads cut off. So they let us move in first." Tae jokes resting his forearms on the marble counter.

"Whatever." rolling your eyes you go back to the acquisition of cereal.

Bending over you open the cabinet containing all of the cereal boxes, rifling through them you pull one box out but put it back changing your mind the next second.

"Whoa." A lighter voice gasps.

It's a voice you haven't heard all summer.

Standing up quickly you turn around meeting the eyes of another one of your brothers friends. His mouth hangs slightly open as you spin around.