Ch 14 Happiness and Growth

Hana comes back from the restroom snagging the seat you saved her, just as the lights start to flicker, signaling the show is about to begin.

"Damn I never knew these shows were so big, it's standing room only now. I'm glad we got here early." She hisses settling in.

You glance back as the lights dim, she's right, the crowd at the back of the auditorium is 3 people deep all along the back wall and even up the sides of the room.

A high pitched frequency squeals through the hushed room causing a wave of grimacing before a woman's voice comes over the speakers.

"Thank you, thank you everyone for coming to this year's winter showcase. I am Choi Deji, the Dance department director and teacher for ballet, ballroom and contemporary dance." She introduces herself. I'm not going to speak too long, I know you are all very excited to see what our students have in store for you but before we begin we do have an award to present. My co-teachers and I can tell you that all of our dancers have worked extremely hard this semester, however one of our dancers continues to go above and beyond and we would like to recognize them now as a surprise to them."

The director gives a graceful flourish of her arm towards the right side of the stage where another older woman steps out, carrying a bouquet of flowers. She joins Director Choi and trades the flowers for the microphone.

"Hello all, thank you all for coming and thank you director, I am Sung Jihye, I teach Hip hop, Jazz and Tap. And I have had this student in class for 4 years now and each year I have watched them exemplify leadership, hardwork and dedication. Including putting more hours into practicing than hours anyone I know. And choreographing over half of the dances you're going to see tonight."

At that you gasp, they must be talking about Jimin! You know for a fact he practices day in and day out.

Your stomach tightens with anticipation, you know it has to be him. Crossing your fingers you close your eyes and hold your breath waiting for the final confirmation.

"Tonight we are recognizing this incredible student," The teacher pauses for effect, and you mentally beg her to get it over with. "Park Jimin!"

"Yes!" You cheer loudly over the applauding crowd, nearly jumping out of your seat.

Gathering yourself you watch as Jimin runs to center stage to accept the flowers. Your heart is overflowing with pride, seeing his wide smile and grateful bowing. Although you can't ignore the fact that he is wearing a pair of rather tight revealing shorts and an open shirt.

But shaking your head, you clear away the horniess overwhelmed with the feeling of being incredibly proud of him and also very happy that his grueling self-imposed schedule hasn't gone unnoticed.

You can't wait until after the show, you're going to give him the biggest hug and kiss.

The dances were amazing, you especially loved the ones with Jimin in them, but maybe you are a little biased. Watching him makes you wish you knew more about dance to compliment him better, but you'll still do your best.

The troupe of dancers takes their final bow before the curtain comes down and the lights go up in the auditorium. People gather themselves and begin to file out to the lobby, but when there's so many people it takes quite a while for you to even get out of your row. Clutching your coat and purse tightly to your chest you move slowly inch by inch out into the lobby and the sea of people widens.

You try to push up onto your tiptoes to see if you can spot Jimin.

"I don't see him-"

"Hey here he is. He's on this side." Hana tells you, pointing over to a large pillar, where Jimin is speaking with the director.