Ch. 13 Soon (smut)

"So you really don't think he suspects anything?" You ask Jimin across the table, after swallowing a gulp of your drink.

"I don't think so. If he does he's being very subtle about it. Like I said last night we should still be careful about dropping hints but I don't think he's any more suspicious now than he might have been before" Jimin says confidently putting you at ease, although you do still feel the need to look around every few minutes to double check that you aren't being watched.

Somehow you're more paranoid about Jungkook finding out now than you were before, even though you know full well you are allowed to date whoever you want.

There's still a part of you that doesn't want your brother to absolutely hate your boyfriend.

And how will you know when the time is right to finally come clean? He's so opposed to Jimin even asking you for coffee right now, how much longer must you wait to stop sneaking around?

"What's on your mind baby?" Jimin asks, bringing you back to the restaurant around you.

You didn't realize how much you had zoned out, until he called your attention and all of the sudden the ambient noise of fellow diners floods back to your ears, with chatter and the clinking of silverware on plates.

"Oh I was just thinking... When does this end- the sneaking around I mean. How much longer do we have to pretend? I know we can't just spring it on Kook, but it feels like we are never going to be able to be honest."

"Just a little longer, we just need to play it by ear, we will know when the time is right." Jimin reasons but that doesn't make it any less frustrating.

"But when will that be? A month from now? A year from now? Five years from now?" You say bitterly digging your fork into your pasta and taking a grumpy bite.

"Soon, I promise." Jimin stays calm, his hand across the table to caress yours gently, "You look beautiful tonight."

Your cheeks flush at his compliment, but it doesn't escape your notice that he changed the subject rather quickly.

"You already said so earlier."

"So? Can't I keep telling you?" A suave smirk spreads on Jimin's lips, "Am I not allowed to admire my gorgeous girlfriend?"

"No..."

"No I'm not allowed?" He grins wider knowing he's twisting your words and making you flustered.

"No, that's not what I meant... You are allowed..." Giving him an eye roll and an exasperated smile, before turning the conversation back. "I know we need to be cautious, but I'd really rather we didn't wait too long."

"I know honey," Jimin nods thoughtfully, thinking for a moment, "Let's give it a month, I'll keep putting out the hints and I'll have Taehyung making suggestions too, and we can tell him in the new year. How does that sound?"

"I'd like that." You smile, "I'll try to say something about getting back into dating or something when I see him too."

Jimin holds your waist as you walk back to the car, helping you hobble along. You're not drunk, far from it actually you barely finished the one drink you did have, but the high heels you chose for dinner are sitting shoes not walking shoes.

And you didn't really account for the walk to and from the parking garage being quite so long.

The warmth from his body against yours radiates through your coat in a very welcoming way. You'll never pass up a chance to be pressed close to him, and the scent of his cologne is far more intoxicating than any alcohol you could drink.