The Infirmary

I woke up. For the... Whatever number of time this is. At least it's different, and the light shining in seems to say "Hey, guess what? The time close to night!". 'Im already going crazy. I looked at the sun and thought "what would it say if it talked?" and then proceeded to think of what it would say. I also can't believe that I completely forgot my devil fruit power AS BUGGY. Are you serious me? I can't! I just can't! Even if the name was great, I can't believe I wasn't relying on my devil fruit enough! When I'm a bounty hunter in one of the blues, probably the East Blue since I just have the most basic of fighting Techniques under my belt, I gotta take my devil fruit training seriously! I can't just have one move and use that! I still gotta learn to fully turn into sand! Just being able to turn to sand will be like ten times as strong as my current abilities! I'm seriously slacking on it! I've already been able to train physically for stamina so I can use my devil fruit more often, and I've trained my Haki seriously for like half a day, every day almost right after my four-punch workout! Why can't I do a third thing!'
And I was about to roll over in anger at my own inability to decide to do three things, but I realized pretty quickly that my torso was wrapped in bandages, because the pain spiked pretty quickly. Of course, I yelled out a little.
'JEEZ RAYLEIGH! YOU REALLY DIDNT HOLD BACK WHEN HITTING ME! I WAS SERIOUSLY TOO IN THE ZONE WHILE FIGHTING TO REALIZE JUST HOW MUCH YOU DID! WHAT DID YOU DO BY THE WAY?'
And then a figure came and stood in my line of sight while I was still laying down.
He had a plume of feathers coming out of his head, with a bandana over the top of that same head. He has round glasses on, with eyebrows pointing down to the crook of his nose, and generally had a kinda bloby face.
'OKAY, BUGGY? ARE YOU SERIOUS? HOW'D YOU FORGET ABOUT CROCUS? YOU KNOW, THE ONE THAT WAS AT THE BEGINING OF THE ENTIRE GRAND LINE? OR MAYBE THE ONE WHO WAS THE FREAKING MEDICAL OFFICER ON THE ROGER PIRATES CREW? YEAH, HOW COULD YOU FREAKING FORGET ABOUT SOMEONE WHO WAS ON THIS CREW YOU'RE CURRENTLY A PART OF? WOULDN'T IT BE TOO EASY TO REMEMBER OR SOMETHING? MAYBE YOU SHOULD NOT FOCUS SOLELY ON THE LIKE TWO THINGS YOU WERE FOCUSING ON BEFORE! THAT WOULD BE GREAT, RIGHT? YAH KNOW, TO NOT JUST FOCUS ON HAKI AND THE FOUR-PUNCH WORKOUT?'
As I was internally screaming at myself, Crocus spoke "You know, you pushed your body a little hard, Buggy. Although Rayleigh could have gone a little less hard on those hits you took, you could have stayed within your body's limits rather than not care about pain to win."
'I CANT BELIEVE I'M JUST THAT STUPID TO FORGET EVERYTHING! Wait, what did I hear Crocus right? How hard did I push my own body? How hard is too hard?'
"What's the diagnosis? I mean, what happened to my body?"
I saw him sigh. "To be honest with you, you got several broken bones, mainly ribs, part of your spine, and you had some internal bleeding, it wasn't bad enough to warrant a major emergency, but I had to fix you up kinda quick before you bled out. I would say that you shouldn't do any training for at least a couple weeks, considering you'll need to basically lay still for a while to heal your spine. I'll have to warn Rayleigh to take any training you go through slowly." His face contorted to slight anger, I assumed toward Rayleigh.
And then I heard a crash come from where I assumed was the door. 'Bro, can't I just detach my head to look around? I'm seriously that dumb apparently.'
And then, with a bit of thought, imagining splitting my head from my body, and it just happened, I got a little more tired, but I did it, only to realize that I saw Shanks laying face first on the floor while still balancing a tray full of food. I then watched as he jumped up and perfectly balanced all the food again, only to come over to me with it.
"Buggy! I brought you some food!"
With my head still floating, I decided to detach my hands so I could eat.
"Thanks Shanks. But why'd you bring me food?"
"Well, since your near death experience, I saw you training, and while I haven't started, I saw you needed a lot of food to gain your energy back."
'I can tease him about this.' I smirked a little, and started to eat some of the food he brought. "Thanks. Though, I thought my rival never thought, only relaxed." 'Okay, that came out more mean than I wanted.'
Shanks looked downward while still holding the tray of food, and his face darkened. "What was that Buggy? I thought I heard someone say they didn't want the food I brought."
My face changed so quickly to remorse about it that I swear my next words became forced. "IM SORRY SHANKS! I DIDNT ACTUALLY MEAN TO BE LIKE THAT, JUST LET ME HAVE THE FOOD!" And then I started to shovel more food into my mouth, which started to heal my body a little. I saw out of the corner of my eye, Crocus, and barely heard him say "Rivals are idiots. They just always get hurt."
And the rest of the day, I rested, not arguing with the one who brought me food. Rayleigh did come to see me, but Crocus warned him to not train me at all while I recovered. Using this as a way to relax after I while, Shanks hung around after I asked him to bring my notebook, which he did bring.
"What's so important about this book? Did you write stuff that could kill you or something?"
'Okay, when did shanks get this smart? He's still young, so why did he decide to get smarter? Is it because of me? Did my coming up with a purpose and actually work to get stronger make him want to learn and become as strong as me?'
I had a pencil in one of my floating hands, the other was holding the book open, and my head was just floating there, staring at the inside of the notebook. 'I really didn't utilize any of my abilities with my devil fruit. What I'm doing right now could be considered a move if I wanted or found a use.' While I was lost in thought, Shanks decided to ask "Hello? Are you alive Buggy?" Which broke me out of my focus on somewhat useless questions.
"Oh, sorry, too focused on a stupid thing." I waved one of my hands a little. "Anyways, the knowledge in this notebook could probably cause people to want to kill me, no matter the cost, so yes. I wrote stuff down that could get me killed, only if they learn of it." I didn't look at him during that interaction, I was also busy trying to come up with something new. And I spent that night in the med bay.

The next day started with me feeling refreshed, not working out for hours on end for once. I reattached my hands and head last night before falling asleep, so I ended up holding that notebook tight to my own body.
'I really have been doing a lot, I've only really just trained to become stronger, but I haven't paid attention to much around me except for Shanks, Rayleigh, Captain, and Crocus. I didn't even pay attention to Oden, one of the most important members, even if he was just here for a little bit. I really should have sat back and relaxed before, thanks Shanks for some unspoken tips on relaxing.'
And I just laid on that bed, not wanting to move or do anything for the second time in this life.
Until someone barged in to the room.
"Buggy! Are you ready to start learning Armament Haki?" I turned my head to see Rayleigh standing in the door, apparently ready to start his version of "training".
"Well, today, I'm still healing, and I was just planning on relaxing. What has you so adamant about training today?"
"I asked Shanks yesterday why you brought so much food, and he told me your physique was the cause, meaning you could eat to heal yourself! So I decided to start your Armament training today!"
'Are you freaking serious right now Rayleigh? I just made plans to do nothing all day, and you come to ruin it using my rival and my own physique as reasoning? How could you?' I put my hand over my face.
"I assume you want to find out how quickly I can learn it and how to use it?" I was still laying down during this conversation, noticing his presence moving more and more towards me. 'It would make the most sense, I did surprise him with how quickly I could adapt to a situation using my own knowledge, he might want to very much see if I can use Armament in like a minute or something. Guess I can't escape the monster known as Rayleigh.'