Questioning The Man Who Went Against Roger

At the same time as I arrived at the area the fight took place, Grim looked directly at me and said "Ah, I was hoping you were going to come here, but I didn't expect this quickly. I guess I will no longer have a need for this one."
Using his giant hand, he reached out to pick up Taki and I could only assume he was either going to throw her or kill her.
And that assumption was the only thing required to make me furious.
I immediately appeared right next to the arm reaching for Taki, and combining my sword skill Quickdraw with a new move, I swung Surya at him.
"Chop-Chop: Home Run."
Immediately detaching my left hand from my wrist, I pulled Surya incredibly quickly out of it's sheath, and then spun my hand like a saw upwards at a higher speed than I drew Surya at, and then swung upwards to chop his hand off.
But my attempt at chopped his hand off failed, and yet it still affected him, by simultaneously throwing his hand up in the air, and accidentally causing him to take a couple steps back.
'That wasn't my plan, I was hoping his hand would be cut off, but it worked better than it could've.'
Grim immediately shook his hand, as of it did nothing to him, and said "Wow. That was impressive, forcing my hand away just by swinging a sword. Pretty smart application of your power, Buggy."
"You act as if you knew what my abilities are."
He smirked and started to walk around me in a circle. I was busy watching him, circling Taki with Surya still in my hand, protecting her from any potential attacks against her.
'How do I get Taki out of here? I mean, I could run away, but this guy is too dangerous to just have him follow us. I observed those beams of light before, they can destroy too much, and I don't need everything on this island to be destroyed. Could I fight this guy? Possibly, it just means that I would have to push myself further than ever, and possibly even die, but that option wasn't on the table until I want to. Option number three, hopefully someone can get here to help, but it may be.... A while before even a single person appears. I am hoping all that I have to do is keep Taki safe until I guess Rem or Rosa gets here.'
Grim was walking in some of the uneven ground that I could only think that he, himself, had made such a thing happen.
"Oh, I don't. A lot can happen in three years. I don't think I could know of any growth you've had since I last saw you."
I was confused, but going along with it to buy any amount of time. 'Attacking is a double edged sword right now, because it leaves Taki without anyone to protect her, and I end up losing my current protection of talking.'
"What's that mean? I don't exactly remember you."
He continued to circle me, like he was the predator, and I was the prey.
"That would be a sensible thing, but I thought I would've had a lasting impression on the Roger Pirates."
His smirk that he had on his face instantly changed to a grim face, as if he was remembering something he hated to even think about.
"You know, I remember seeing you on the Oro Jackson, Roger's ship, if you didn't know of it's name."
"What do you mean, did I meet you before?"
"It is less like we met, and more like our crews fought."
Connecting the dots in my mind, I thought out loud "So, um.. what happened during this fight that I don't remember?"
He looked at me, and then at Taki, and looked back at me with a bit of anger showing on his face, and then haughtily spoke "Since you do not remember, why don't I refresh your memory?"
He then stood in one spot, putting his hands behind his back. "You see, BUGGY, I was simply wanting to become the strongest I could, and if you REALLY DON'T REMEMBER, I fought against Roger directly, and with my crew, we fought valiantly. I only caught a glimpse of you, but you stand out enough with your red nose to be remembered easily."
He faced away from me, still holding his hands behind his back, and lifted his head while turning it to face me, and spoke "You guys were the death of my crew. And nearly the death of ME."
I started searching everywhere in my brain for anyone named Grim in One Piece, and came up with nothing, I was even looking around and couldn't remember anything.
I scrunched my eyes, and stared at him for what felt like forever, until he turned around and looked off into the distance.
"It seems as though you don't remember. I guess I'll have to jog your memory." He immediately turned around, faced me, and lifted both of his hands up, starting to form a beam of lightning.
"Nonono! Wait!"
The beam started to come to a state of balance, not growing and not shrinking in size.
"Do you have some shred of memory?" He grimaced.
"We-well, I.. um.. if you give me more details, I may be able to remember you?"
'That was a great question Buggy.'
'I know, right?'
'It'll at least keep him somewhat occupied with, well, not killing me. Wait, how am I talking to myself?'
'No, don't mind that now, I have to survive for at least a little longer.'
'You're right, now's not the time to be thinking about talking to myself, it's time to get some answers and to buy such time!'
"If you want to remember me, then what would you remember me by?"
'Already stumped. I can't believe I don't have answers to questions just ready.'
"Um.. how about...... Your bounty? Yeah! What was your bounty?"
Grim sighed. "Me, 'Death's Hands' Grim, had a bounty of around one billion, ten million berri. Does that help?"
"Um.. maybe some more info. Pirate group?"
"...Beamer Pirates."
"Devil fruit maybe?"
"...The Beam-Beam fruit. How does this help?"
"I don't know, anything might trigger a memory. Anyways.. um..did you always have green skin?"
He was still holding the beam, ready at any moment to fire it. "No. It is because of other reasons."
"Can I know them?"
"No."
"How strong were you compared to.. um.. Captain Roger?"
He got defensive against this question. "I told you my bounty, didn't I? It may be inaccurate as of now, but it should show that I was strong before too. Next question."
I shook a little as his Conquerers leaked out a little.
"S-so, what caused all of this... Anger to build up?"
"You. Know. Why. I told you before. My crew was killed. By you guys, the Roger Pirates."
"Um.. re-really?" I was confused.
'I don't remember this ever happening. Like, ever. But I don't even remember anything before this except maybe... like the God Valley accident that should've happened like.. 24 minus a year-ish... 38 minus that.. like, 15.. 14-15 years ago? Is there anything important I'm missing? Apparently, since this guy apparently fought against captain.'
The beam he had in front of him swelled a bit, and then I said "WAIT! IM NOT DONE!"
It stopped swelling for a second, before I heard a "Is there more questions? My mood has been soured and I'd like to kill you soon too, lest the others think something is wrong."
I had some sweat form, with Surya still in my hand, I was still protecting Taki, even if he had stopped moving.
"I have like.. two more questions. Be-before you do anything, of course."
He scowled. "Continue." I could hear him forcing those words out of his mouth, as if he had a knife to his back while saying that.
"Uh.. okay. Um........... Why are you letting me ask all of these questions? In the first place?"
I could see he closed his eyes, and he exhaled audibly.
"A dead man can learn as much as he wants, because once he is dead, those words go to the grave."
Another burst of Conquerers appeared from him, and considering my closeness to him, I shook visibly rather than slightly, and hidden.
"Ooooohkay then. Um... Hmm... The-the last question I had was.. um.. what EXACTLY happened? I mean, none of my other questions answered anything, sooooo... Could you maybe tell ME what happened? It would probably narrow down the.. um.. memory. Of mine. Once I know everything, I MIGHT remember?"
He sighed, and dissipated his attack, ad yet, I sensed multiple appear, this time, made out of air. Then sitting down on the ground, he crossed his legs and spoke "Then, if you're going to be so stubborn about remembering, I'll tell you what happened and why I'm doing this. Maybe THEN, you'll understand."