Ideas, Deals, & Time Part 2

'Thats.. a lot of money. I guess they were in good shape, but he did deduct some money for the ones in not so great condition. That's still a pretty good amount to get, especially for those 17.'
"That's a lot. It is the best amount you can give me, right? I mean, with damages to some that would need fixed, right? I guess you up the price and have other countries buy them too, so.. I guess that's the best you can do, right?" I both talked to myself and to Branson in front of me.
"Ya. That's tha best I can do fer ya. I will have ta bring ya back to tha office fer tha actual amount bein that high, so, if yer okay with that amount, let's go."
I smirked. "Yeah, let's go then."
And Branson led me to the back, going through the back door.
What I was met with was a large, open, roofed space, with what looked like a lake and docks to go along side it. The back of the giant room was open, I assumed to move ships in and out. There were several ships docked, all having maintenance done to them, in fact, there were two or three having custom work done, I assumed to have them ready for customers that wanted something done to those ships in specific. But there was also a lot of empty docks, which I assumed were for ships to be docked and readied to be sold, or just to be worked on.
In the entire building, there were people jogging around with tools, wood, nails, a couple other details I didn't particularly care about, and it was just busy altogether. I did realize I didn't know how the place was lit, and then looked up while still following Branson around a path, and saw several skylights in the ceiling, alongside lanterns dotted around for all the workers who needed them.
"Quite the operation you got here."
"Yeah, we gotta otherwise we don't make anythin and wouldn't have a business to begine with!" Branson said while turning to walk.
We walked along the wall until we got to a staircase which looked like it led to a second, third, and fourth story. And I was led up to the fourth story, which I assumed was an office space.
As soon as I got into the room on the fourth floor, I noticed that the room I was led into was decorated almost the same as the main room that everyone would be met with when coming into the shop, but larger, and there were more chairs facing the desk. The room did have a bunch of windows overlooking the street below, and the desk was facing the opposite way.
Branson then said "Ya can sit down, I'll be back with tha money."
And he just went back out the entrance door, I didn't care about where he went afterwards since I would have the time to go through all of it if my idea worked. And I sat down in one of the chairs.
'Ooh, leather chairs. Branson has actual taste in furniture! Not just.. wooden. Uh, anyways.. how do I go about talking about.. my plan to basically buy out the company? What do I start with? Man, it's a great time for him to not be in the room, otherwise I'd probably be freaking out more. Should I just start by becoming a co-owner of the company, and then help out with getting ships? I mean, for a year or so, that should be fine. But the plan with Mariga will need to happen.. probably during that time. Hopefully we can just.. go to the South Blue without issue.. I will need to find a doctor sometime soon though.'
I shifted for a second in the chair, knitting my eyebrows. 'Would Crocus be at the entrance to the Grand Line this soon? I don't remember if he would be, but maybe him? No, for this to work, I need a doctor faster than that. I reeeaaaally hope that I can find a doctor faster than that. I think I might have.. four, maybe five months of time. Hopefully I can change the timeline this much. I hope it won't do much. Maybe Garp will get there early, I can then have Mariga stay with them, hopefully she can become an important character in this world, maybe become a part of the Marines or something. Hmmm.... Maybe that isn't the best of ideas.. but it would probably happen.. especially after having been a slave on a pirate ship. I bet if she does become a Marine, she'd question the actual definition of "pirate" after I become one, maybe have a motto of "True Justice". And I'm imagining things at this point. Thanks Director for leaving the overthinking part of me here too. Please Branson, get back here soon before I forget why I came here other than money.'
And the door opened.
'Oh thank Director! Someone has saved me from my mind!' I turned to see Branson and several other people coming in, carrying several suitcases of money. Each person, including Branson, was carrying a suitcase in each hand, and there was eight total cases. They all got put onto the desk, facing me, and while the people left, Branson sat down in the chair behind the desk.
"Well. Here's that money for ya. 72 million berri." Branson leaned on the desk a little with his hands clasped.
I stood up and looked at the cases, and then opened all of them individually until all of them were open. While I was going through them, some doubt started to appear in my mind that this was real, but he saw the look on my face and said "It's all real, I give my garuntee." He swung his arms open before clasping his hands together again.
And a question popped up into my mind.
"So, why would you happen to have this much cash on hand? Doesn't that kinda make you a target for people who want money? Can't they just walk in and wander around to find a bunch of suitcases full of cash and walk out of here?" I began to become concerned with how he ran his business.
"Nah. Imma tell ya some business secrets. I trust ya enough to not steal all our money, considering you're such a big help with stock here, and given your name, it's only really fittin if it's all fake. Anyway, we here at the Forwilth Shipyard have a vault that is probably the most secure vault here in the East Blue. Now, I'm not gonna tell ya tha details, but we have at least 200 million berri layin around just in case people wanna sell a ship, like you. We haven't actually had someone bring in 17 ships before, and given someone that much money either, so this is a first fer me too."
"Hmm. That's smart. Have money in case you need to buy a ship off someone, and having one of the supposed most secure vaults in the world kinda means you can just toss a bunch of cash and treasure in it without issue. I assume security on it is also not an issue? I'm just gonna make a guess on security. Um, I'm guessing that most if not all of the people who work for you also are trained to not let anyone untrustworthy near the vault you mentioned?"
He sweat dropped. "E-exactly. But I'm startin to not trust ya at this point ta keep tha vault a secret. Or the money inside either."
"Oh, um, sorry about that, it just reminds me of another island, only.. partially though."
'Yeah, Water 7. The shipwrights are also fighters, who basically kick people out if they won't pay. Same thing for if they just want to take the ship and leave without paying either. Those guys are probably a little scary for it to work that way.'
"Hoo. Is that all? I thought you were planning on taking the money sometime."
'Well, I may. But that'll only happen when I own the place.' I finished looking through the suitcases and realized: 'I don't have a way to carry all of this. Eh, I can figure that out later. I should probably get a deal going with the proposal I want to make.'
I sat back down, and Branson said "Well, if that's all, then I hope you don't steal my money.. and maybe keep bringing in more ships if you would do so."
I looked directly at him and hesitantly opened my mouth a little. 'Okay, just get over the anxiety for a second and say it.'
"Well, Branson. I have a proposal for you. Would you like to hear it?" I sat in the chair with a leg over the other, one arm on the arm rest and the other holding my tilted head.
"Does it have to do with money?"
I thought for a second 'Okay, this guy has an issue with people stealing money. I get it but still.' I smirked. "Well, indirectly, yes. It would have an affect on money as a secondary thing, not directly because of the deal I want to make."
"How's that?"
"Well, my proposal is: 'I want to become a.. co-owner of this establishment, and I will both help with stock, and help grow this business more than you ever could think." And smiled evilly.