Chapter 1

"Aarohi if you don't come for dinner within a minute, I'll throw that laptop out of the window and drag you down." I heard my mother call me for the third time.

"Yes coming," I answered. Grudgingly, I closed my laptop. I was binge watching Mahabharat. It was nothing new i was obsessed with it. It was the best past time during pandemic. A different era, different people. I was literally tired of this world.

I went downstairs and sat with my parents. We always had dinner together, well not always but whenever we could. It was the only time in day when we could spend time together.

"What took you so long?" mom asked.

Before I could reply dad answered, "Oh don't be so hard on her she must be preparing for her interview."

Oh no the interview! I totally forgot about it. I knew if I ran from the dinner I would get a lot of scolding, but now I had no other option. So I ran into my room promising parent that I would eat later.

It took nearly midnight to prepare for the interview. I was hungry; I brought the leftovers and started watching Mahabharat. It was the scene of vastraharan and Oh my god, it still gives me chills. I just want to go there and knock some sense in them or at least stand up for her.

I look at the ceiling and say, "Oh lord please take me to dwapar yug. Maybe I could change somethings. Maybe I could lessen the pain for her." Suddenly thunder boomed and somehow I knew it wasn't a normal one and a loud voice was heard, "tathastu".

I was shocked maybe I misheard. I shouted, "Please repeat." I again heard tathastu.

"Am I dreaming?" I mumbled.

The deafening voice said, "No". Even I could hear amusement in it.

"You have a chance, a single chance to go to dwapar yug. Tomorrow take all your things you need and get ready outside the house at 4 in the morning." God (who else could it be?) said on a serious note.

"But what about my life here? My parents?" I asked. If this was real I would like to know what would happen here.

"Your clone will replace you but once you leave here you will never be able to return back. So take your decision wisely." After that the voice said nothing I knew because I yelled a couple hello at the roof.

Okay, so getting everything straight there are 3 options right now.
1. I am dreaming
2. It is real.
3. I am gone mad by constantly watching Mahabharat.

I pinched myself hard. It hurt, so I am not dreaming. Now I am betting all my money on the third option. Surely that voice couldn't be real. But if it was real would I leave my parents? I know my clone will act like me completely, and they will always have me, but can I live without them? I don't wish to live here and just recently my relationship with my parents became normal, or as normal as it could be. Atlest they don't walk on eggshells around me but I know that it will never go back to normal they will always have fear in them.

So I went and started packing my bag. I took everything I could and stuffed it in my bag. Even though I had phone, I knew its battery won't survive for long so I took an album and all the pictures and merchandise of one direction. A few books I had (maybe I would get board enough to read them, but I doubt It.) and all of my clothes (I had a lot).

I got ready wearing jeans and hoodie, I was going to wear a sari but I didn't know how long it was going to take and didn't want to take any risk so I went with the comfortable option.

I looked at the clock it was nearly 3:45 am. I really wished to see my mother just one last time. I went and knocked at their bedroom door. After a few minutes mother came out.

"Hi mom." I said and hugged her tears started coming through my eyes

"What happened?" she asked worriedly.

"Nothing mom, I am just nervous." I replied trying to control my voice. I was just minutes away from sobbing.

"Oh there is nothing to be nervous about. You will do well in your interview." She replied. I totally forgot about interview, if this isn't real I am dead. But it feels so real.

"But mom what if I don't want to do well, what if I want to do something else." I said still hugging her.

"Whatever you do in life I will always be there with you, me and your dad both. No matter what you decide we will always love you. And why are you crying baby?" she said breaking the hug and wiping my tears.

"I hate it when you call me baby." I said smiling through my tears. "And something just went in my eye therefore there is water." I knew she did not believe me, but I was thankful she dropped the subject. "You can sleep now mom. Good morning and thank you." I said looking at her tired eyes.

"Anytime you need anything call me. I am just a room away." Well that stabbed my heart pretty badly. She turned to go in her room.

Suddenly hugging her from behind, I murmured, "Mom I love you, tell dad that I love him too." I really wished to say goodbye to my dad but I was running out of time.

"We love you too" she said, turning to touch my cheek and then she noticed my outfit. "Why are you dressed in the middle of the night?" she asked with a frown.

"Well mom-"I started but she cut and told, "Just go to sleep."

Thank you guys for reading my book, I will update this book on Sundays. As English is not my first language there can be some mistakes, please comment if you find any. I will try my best to correct them

Word count: 1042