|| Chapter 4: Monster in Disguise||

[Twenty years ago. Thursday Axiom's scene night at 4:50 AM]

• D-FIB woke up for some reason. This reason why was the weird sensation of someone inside the room. D-FIB wished L-T to stay with her so he could ilumine the place. A deep growl was heard in the darkness. EVE didn't hear the sounds because she was peacefully sleeping in the metallic bed. D-FIB breathed and touched her egg-like body with one of her cardioelectrical paddles. EVE didn't react. She was literally on offline.
D-FIB payed attention to those spooky sounds. Maybe it could be Emerald? Would she really escaped from the cage and came here to visit its friend? Lots of questions invaded her artificial mind.
The growls became more ferocious, so ferocious that it managed to send a strong chill through the body of the medical robot. The growl managed to finally startle EVE who was having romantic dreams of WALL•E. EVE grumbled silently. The wild noises managed to even alert the Stewards as they could perceive a certain vibration in the windows of the Jail Room. They opened the mechanical door using a code they only knew. The girls got froze once they heard the SECUR•T bots getting inside the room.

The growling stopped when the Stewards entered the room. They began to search the room since they suspected that something or someone had entered the place without permission. EVE and D-FIB pretended to be asleep but were still trying to see what the fuck the police robots wanted. D-FIB was still attentive to each detail.
EVE believed that the growls were possibly produced by Emerald, D-FIB's beast friend. Or it could just have been the demon that caused the fire in the Axiom. Likewise, she was not sure because there were robots that also produced sounds similar to that of wild animals. D-FIB opened one eye to better capture the situation with her visor. Despite hiding being asleep, as was said before: they did not want to miss details.

Seeing that there was nothing strange, the Stewards withdrew from the place to continue protecting the mechanical door. Everything returned to pure silence but that silence was interrupted again because the same growls sounded again. D-FIB started to feel crazy but tried to control herself.
A shadow swept across the room, leaving an icy breeze that struck the metallic skin of the robots. EVE immediately recognized those camouflage strategies as she had first seen it when she had the hair-raising encounter with Emerald. EVE whispered:

- You will not try to scare me again, Emerald. I know it's you, heh! Have you came here to unlock the cells and get us free from Jail Room? Uh? ~

EVE continued paying attention at her surroundings as D-FIB. She was also sure that the shadow was from Emerald, the feminine monster. Or not? Maybe it wasn't Emerald and it was another kind of monster? Or it just was a robot making a good joke to them to scare them? No answer was sure enough to confirm it.
The shadow stood in front of the girls, who began to feel extremely disturbed by that strange presence. A red eye glowed in the dark haunting the night environment. EVE and D-FIB took two steps back without taking their eyes off that shadow. A spooky music began to play, giving a lot of thriller vibes now. EVE remembered her plant identification scanner and turned it on while adjusting the brightness of the scanner to a brighter one. She pointed at the shadow to see who or what the Hell that was. D-FIB prayed inside.

A hand with sharp claws passed through the electric fence. The hairs on the hand were very reminiscent of Emerald's. The music became more tense and disturbing. The violins in the music resonated louder to give more chilling vibes. The melody was unintelligible. EVE and D-FIB gasped very disturbed now. A puddle of blood appeared under the electric bars, spreading across the floor and reaching the girls. EVE and her friend screamed in terror and covered their eyes with their arms. The Stewards didn't hear the screams fortunately because they were patrolling away the Jail Room. EVE tried not to panic as she watched the huge pool of blood turn into a nasty clot on the floor. She felt that at any moment she would have an unfavorable glitch that would make her pass out like humans would. D-FIB was shaking severely. Suddenly a terrifying face manifested itself in the bars and it was very similar to Emerald's. Emerald was actually a psychotic monstrosity? Perhaps the answer would confirm that it was so. Anyways the answer wasn't still sure to confirm.