Mixed feelings chapter 27: You're staring

"WE'RE GOING TO GRANDMA'S!" shouts Clarissa.
"For the night, right?" asks Kameron.
"Yes. Do you need anything? I can bring you stuff. I'll write it down and-" says Clarissa before Kameron cuts her off.
"I'm good, ma. I'll see you tomorrow." says Kameron as he embraces his mother.
"How come I have to go but Kam doesn't..!" spouts Julio.
"Less talking, more walking!" spouts Clarence as he pats his son's back.
"I want to stay here, grandma doesn't even know who I am-" says Julio before he gets cut off.
"I'm not gonna argue with you." says Clarence firmly.
"Alright, alright..!" spouts Julio. "Damn it.." he mumbles after.
"I heard that, don't let me hear it again!" spouts Clarence. "See you tomorrow, Kam!" he adds.
*Kameron waves at his little brother Julio from out the window*
"So unfair.." mumbles Julio.
"Oh, yeah.. Kameron! if you see your sister tell her we're at grandma's and that we'll be back by tomorrow, she's running late again." spouts Clarissa before shutting the car door.
(Kameron's thoughts;) "And as always she gets left behind for that."
"Got it." says Kameron as he waves at his mother.
*A little while later..*
"I was about to go look for you." says Kameron as he takes his shoes back off.
"Why..? I'm always home this late- I mean.. I'm fine, ok? I'm here now." says Janisha confidently.
"If you say so." says Kameron as he returns to the living room.
"Where's mom and dad?" questions Janisha.
"You missed them, they went to grandma's place." says Kameron.
"Darn it, well.. could you bring me-" says Janisha before she gets cut off.
"No." says Kameron firmly.
"Why not..!" spouts Janisha with an upset look on her face.
"Because you never check your messages. Mom and I called you about 17 times. Matter of fact, do you even know what time it is right now?" questions Kameron with a smug grin on his face.
*Janisha sighs*
"No..?" says Janisha hesitantly.
"It's almost 8." says Kameron.
"Oh, I knew that.." says Janisha jokingly.
"It's past your curfew." says Kameron firmly.
"Kam, grandma's house is just 20 minutes away from here-" says Janisha before she gets cut off.
"I said no. Go upstairs and get ready for bed, since have school tomorrow." says Kameron firmly
"..I'll tell dad that you're drinking his adult juice!" spouts Janisha angrily.
"Nice try, I can get someone to buy me another." says Kameron confidently with a smirk creeping across his face.
"W- whatever.." says Janisha as she takes her coat off and walks up the stairs.
"TAKE A BATH TOO." spouts Kameron.
"UGH, I KNOW. I'M NOT A CHILD." spouts Janisha from upstairs.
(Kameron's thoughts;) "Yes, you are."
*The next day..*
"What.. is she wearing." mumbles Kameron.
"Clothes." says Gunner as he takes another bite of his cinnamon bun.
"Where did you get that from?" asks Kameron.
"Where'd I get what from?" questions Gunner as he walks to his locker.
"The cinnamon bun. What else?" says Kameron sarcastically.
"Oh, I got it from the local." says Gunner.
"Figured. I'm hungry now, you all coming too?" questions Kameron as he reaches for his backpack.
"Only if you get us something too." Jay and Devon say in sync.
"Idiots.." mumbles Ty as he shakes his head. "I'm coming, I don't have anything better to do anyways." adds Ty.
"Kam, hold up.." says Gunner.
"Why are you holding me up, class starts in 20." says Kameron.
"I know.. are you coming to the studio today?" questions Gunner.
"Yea. We still have some unfinished songs to take care of-" says Kameron before he gets cut off.
"Not really. I finished the song in my free time. Willingly." says Gunner as he takes out his phone.
"Already finished..?" questions Kameron in awe.
*Gunner plays the song on the speakers*
"THAT SOUNDS GREAT, KAM. WHEN IS IT COMING OUT?" spouts Jay in excitement.
"It would've been even better if you used my custom beat." says Ty confidently.
"Just focus on making beats for your gothic brother. I'll handle Kameron's." says Gunner firmly as he places his speakers back into his locker.
"I'm sorry I couldn't help you finish the song, but you didn't even need my help by the looks of it-" says Kameron. "It honestly sounds-" adds Kameron as he gets cut off.
"GREAT! do you have any more songs..?!" spouts Lo in excitement.
"..Yea, we do. Care to join us at the studio today?" questions Gunner.
"Hmm.. Kam?" mumbles Lo as she waits for Kameron's answer.
"It'd be cool if you'd show up. You'll come right?" questions Kameron.
(Lo's thoughts;) "All I wanted was his reaction, not for me to end up being the one blushing.."
"We're heading over there after last period, you know where to find us right?" asks Gunner.
"You're always standing at the lockers. Yes, of course." says Lo confidently.
"..We can go on-" says Kameron before he gets cut off.
"Motorcycle? ..I'd love to." says Lo in excitement. "See you later!" spouts Lo.
"Alright, let's go. We're taking my car." says Gunner as he reaches for his car keys.
*Silence..*
"My guy's in love.." says Ty confidently.
*Jay and Devon start to laugh in sync*
"You're staring." says Devon as he waves his hand in front of Kameron.
"Staring? ..staring at who?" questions Kameron.
"We're taking my car." says Gunner.
"He got caught off guard..!" spouts Jay playfully.
"I'll gladly fuck you up." says Kameron firmly.
"That sounds pretty gay." spouts Devon.
"That's because you're overthinking it." says Gunner.
"Wait, really? you don't fight your friends-" says Jay playfully before receiving a punch from his brother. "OW..?!"
"Just shut up and stop embarrassing yourself." says Devon firmly.
"Did you want to fight? let's fucking go then." says Jay angrily.
"Stop acting like you just hit puberty and get in the car." says Kameron boldly.
"Devon's the one acting childish." says Jay as he shoves his brother.
"You know damn well you are." says Devon.
"Kam had to tell you to get in the car but we all know that I don't give warnings." says Gunner as he opens the backseat's car door."
"We're sorry." Jay and Devon say in sync.
(Kameron's thoughts;) "I wonder what Lo's up to right about now."
*Meanwhile..*
"Sooo..." says Lo hesitantly. "I'm going to the studio with Kam and the rest later on." she adds.
"Noted. So, after school?" questions Kailey as she reaches for her bottle of water.
(Kailey's thoughts;) "She's been avoiding my questions so far, I'll let her spit it out right here, right now. I don't care."
"For the last time, Lo. What the hell happened yesterday?" questions Kailey as she reaches for Lo's hands.
"I'm so confused, what? I was with you yesterday." says Lo dumbfounded.
"Don't start this shit again. You're already annoying me." says Kailey irritably. "You and I both know what I'm talking about." she adds.
*Silence..*
"Waiting for an answer." says Kailey impatiently.
"So you.. just want to know what happened, right?" questions Lo awkwardly.
"Absolutely. Spill it." says Kailey hesitantly.
"I'll text you." says Lo as she reaches for her phone.
"Sure, whatever.." says Kailey.
(Lo's & Kailey's phone conversation;)
Lo: "Long story, short. We took a trip on his motorcycle to this pizza place.."
Kailey: "And, was the pizza good?"
Lo: "Better than that."
Kailey: "I'm jealous, I'd kill for some pizza right about now- back to what you were saying."
Lo: "As we ate, we had a little small talk. And, uhm.. well. Let's just say that.. curiosity got the best of me."
Kailey: "I think I can already predict what happened next.."
Lo: "You know me so well. I.. asked him this question, a rather personal one."
Kailey: "GET IT OUT, LO. I'M SHAKING OVER HERE."
Lo: "I asked him whether he was a virgin.."
*End phone conversation..*
"..well, is he?" asks Kailey as she folds her arms.
"No.. he told me he isn't." admits Lo.