Mixed feelings chapter 77: Unfinished business

*At Colt's house.*
"Who was that at the door?" questions Kailey.
"No one." says Colt firmly.
"Oh.. okay." says Kailey as she leans back. "Now.. give me at least one good reason as to why you want me gone." she adds.
"HEY, COLT..? CAN I COME UP?" spouts Lo.
"WAIT A MINUTE, I'LL BE RIGHT THERE, MY HEART. I'M GETTING DRESSED." spouts Colt.
(Kailey's thought;) "Cute pet name.."
"UHM.. ALRIGHT." spouts Lo awkwardly.
"You're aware now, right?" says Colt sarcastically.
"You wouldn't have told me otherwise?" questions Kailey.
*silence.*
"You know what, don't even answer that." says Kailey firmly.
(Colt's thoughts;) "Wasn't planning to."
"Speechless now, aren't we? ..use that brain of yours and start thinking about how I'm going to leave this bedroom without potentially getting caught by your girlfriend." says Kailey as she folds her arms.
(Colt's thoughts;) "She doesn't seem bothered or worried at all.. but, more.. annoyed?"
"..You either hide in here until she decides to leave or.." says Colt hesitantly as he glances at the window.
"Or..?" says Kailey as she rotates her head to the window.
"Or you jump from out of the window." says Colt followed by a long pause. "I'd.. pick the second option if I were you." he adds.
"Wow.. you want me to pick that second option so bad.. I mean, if you're planning to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on hospital bills I surely wouldn't mind." says Kailey jokingly.
"Okay, well. Good news, this room is not that high up.." mumbles Colt as he averts his eyes.
*silence.*
"I was just joking around." he adds.
"Hey.. what if.." mumbles Kailey as she looks down. "What if Lo found out that I'm here?" she adds.
"She won't find out." says Colt firmly. "Don't even worry about it. I won't let that happen." he adds.
(Kailey's thoughts;) "I could also just tell her if I felt like it. But, I don't think he'd believe me if I told him that."
"Yea.. okay." says Kailey calmly.
"Did you make a choice yet?" questions Colt as he rubs the back of his neck.
"I thought it was all just a 'joke'?" questions Kailey sarcastically.
"Pick." says Colt almost immediately.
"What the fuck..? ..I'm staying." says Kailey firmly.
"Alright then, sit tight." says Colt as he puts a different shirt on.
"How about no? ..I suggest telling her to leave." says Kailey firmly. "She's still my best friend you know." she adds.
"I know." says Colt as he sprays on some cologne.
"And, I wouldn't feel comfortable sneaking out of your house when she's-" says Kailey.
*Colt walks out of the room.*
"Is he.. being serious right now?" says Kailey irritably.
(Colt's thoughts;) "I would've taken your feelings into more consideration if you hadn't come back for 'more'. Instead of doing what you suggested, I'm going to take this opportunity God has granted me by trying to make Lo realize that I really do care about her. I mean, she barely even comes over by choice. So, there's no way that I'm letting this chance get away that easily."
*Downstairs.*
"I tried calling you.." mumbles Lo.
"Yea.. I was asleep and I noticed last minute.. sorry." says Colt hesitantly.
"It's okay.. I noticed, you had a bedhead and everything when you opened the door." says Lo as she lets out some laughter. "It was kind of adorable." she adds with a smile.
*silence.*
"..What were you doing anyways?" questions Lo.
(Colt's thoughts;) "Huh.. what is she- is she onto me?"
"I.. was sleeping-" says Colt anxiously.
"I know that.. what about after you opened the door for me?" questions Lo.
"Oh.. I just had to.. take care of some unfinished business, that's all." says Colt firmly.
(Lo's thoughts;) "Judging by all those true crime series that Kailey and I watched, that sounds like something a serial killer would say.. I mean even if it's just 'unfinished business', did it really have to be taken care of in private?"
"..Sorry, I'm asking way too many questions.." says Lo hesitantly. "Curiosity got the best of me.." she adds.
"I get it." says Colt as he averts his eyes.
(Colt's thoughts;) "I feel.. awkward. Almost.. uncomfortable? ..in my own house as well.. damn, this is a weird situation to be in."
"More importantly.. how've you been holding up?" questions Lo.
"I've been doing.." says Colt as he looks down.
"..Is there anything that you feel like getting off of your chest?" questions Lo curiously.
(Colt's thoughts;) "She saw right through me..!"
"Are you.. willing to hear me out?" questions Colt.
"Yea, of course..! ..hurry up and tell me all about it." says Lo as she scoots closer.
(Colt's thoughts;) "..I regret everything I did today.. is what I want to say. But, then I'd have to explain 'why'.. eventhough I know I can't do that. If I told her that her friend's here.. would she be willing to forgive me? ..I'm supposed to feel bad right now but for some odd reason.. I feel nothing but regret and embarrassment."
*Meanwhile, upstairs.*
"He told me to.. sit tight? ..even after the way he just shut the door without even hearing me out?" says Kailey irritably. "You can kiss my ass, Colt." she adds.
(Kailey's thoughts;) "And that makes it the second time he would."
*Meanwhile.*
"Alright.. it's past 7, let's head out now." says Kameron.
"Ty, Devon and Jay. I'll see you tomorrow." says Gunner firmly.
"What's up with all this formal talk all of a sudden?" questions Ty.
"Right.. he doesn't usually talk that way-" says Jay as he raises an eyebrow.
"Jay, we gotta go. There's this party at Lydia's-" says Devon.
"I'll let it slide for now, let's get going." says Jay as he walks out the door.
"Ty, you want to come with-" says Devon.
"No." says Ty almost immediately as he walks out the door.
"Congratulate Lydia for us." says Gunner.
*A minute of silence later.*
"I know there's something you've got to say that they can't hear." says Kameron unbothered. "Spit it out." he adds.
"Yea, you could say that." says Gunner with a smirk on his face.
"..And it can't wait until tomorrow? ..I'm tired of writing lyrics all night-" says Kameron as he stretches his arms.
"I approached Lo today, but.. since you're tired-" says Gunner.
"No. Talk." says Kameron he sits back down.
*silence.*
"Don't get mad." says Gunner.
"What the fuck would I be getting mad for?" questions Kameron as he raises an eyebrow.
"You usually cuss whenever you get mad." says Gunner.
"I'm not even mad, what are you talking about?" questions Kameron.
"I mentioned Lo and after that.. I'm not sure if I should be telling you the rest of the-" says Gunner.
"Say it." says Kameron almost immediately.
"I told her that you like her." says Gunner.
(Gunner's thoughts;) "Again. But, he doesn't need to know that."
"Before you lash out at me or any equipment in this studio, I just want you to know that-" says Gunner firmly.
"Did she believe it?" questions Kameron as he leans against the back of the chair.
"I.. uhh.. I don't know man." says Gunner hesitantly. "..You're not mad?" he adds.
"..Nah, I don't have a reason to be mad. We're not in middle school anymore after all." says Kameron unbothered. "So, stop mentioning that." he adds.
(Gunner's thoughts;) "There's no cussing, so.."
"What else did you tell her?" questions Kameron.
*Gunner's flashback (chapter 76).*
"I didn't come here to argue with you at all.." says Gunner as he lets out a deep sigh. "Listen.. I respect you, but you kind of remind me of a certain ex-girlfriend that I used to have and.. let's just say that.. it didn't end too well between the two of us." he adds.
*End flashback.*
"Shit.. forgot about that." mumbles Colt as he looks down.
"Forgot about what?" questions Kameron as he raises an eyebrow.