Mixed feelings chapter 84: Frustrated

*Shaniah's flashback (chapter 73)*
"..You sound so confident.. what if you're wrong about it all.." says Shaniah.
"I guess I'll be the one that ends up looking stupid? ..because, there's no way in hell that you have feelings for Kameron. Sorry to admit, but let's be real." says Courtney as she turns back around to face Shaniah. "The guy doesn't give a fuck about you." she adds firmly.
"Well, I don't give a fuck about him either." says Shaniah anxiously as she folds her arms.
"Because you like Jay." says Courtney.
*End of flashback.*
(Shaniah's thoughts;) "I'm pissed.. the fact that she even had the audacity to assume how I feel about someone I CANNOT STAND.. but- I'll.. I'll show her.."
*calls Jay*
"NO." spouts Shaniah as she hangs up the phone. "THANK GOD.." she adds.
(Shaniah's thoughts;) "I don't even know what I would've said if he had picked up.. wait.. what am I even afraid of..? at the end of the day, it's literally just Jay.."
*Calls again.*
"..Shaniah?"
"Uh.. finally! ..when were you planning to pick up your phone?" questions Shaniah irritably.
"Did you call me just now?" questions Jay.
"I did- ..what's- ..what's that noise I'm hearing in the background?" questions Shaniah.
"Don't worry about that.." says Jay as he walks out the studio. "Why'd you call?" he adds.
"..Are you busy?" questions Shaniah.
"..Uhh.. kinda..?" says Jay questionably.
"Okay then, nevermind.." says Shaniah.
"Is that all you had to say?" questions Jay.
"I'll hang up now." says Shaniah unbothered.
"You could have just texted me that-" says Jay.
"EVENTHOUGH YOU NEVER RESPOND BACK..?" spouts Shaniah.
"I mean.. I just don't receive the notifications.. I'll turn them back on." says Jay.
"Well.. just make sure that you- WHAT WAS THAT NOISE?" spouts Shaniah.
"Huh.. what noise?" questions Jay.
(Shaniah's thoughts;) "I could've sworn that I've just heard another girl's voice.."
"I'm at the studio.. it's always noisy here.." says Jay as he leans against the door. "What were you about to say though?" he adds.
"Ah.. is everyone there?" questions Shaniah. "..Even Kameron.." she adds.
*silence.*
"Yep.." mumbles Jay as he looks down.
"Sounds fun." says Shaniah.
"You know.. this might actually be one of the most casual and comforting conversations that I've ever had with you by far-" says Jay.
"Bye now." says Shaniah almost immediately before hanging up.
*At the studio.*
"Wait-" spouts Jay before taking a look at the black phone screen. "She really just hung up in my ear.." he adds.
"Listen, we ordered take-out." says Kameron.
"Ah.. alright.." mumbles Jay still focused on the black screen.
"You look down.. did you receive some bad news?" questions Kameron as he leans against the door.
"No.." mumbles Jay as he faces Kameron. "Shaniah just called." he adds.
"That's pretty random.. why?" questions Kameron.
"I- I'm not sure.. uh.. she did ask me whether I was busy though.." says Jay as he slides his phone into his pocket.
*silence.*
"Oh?" says Kameron as he raises an eyebrow.
*meanwhile.*
(Shaniah's thoughts;) "Why'd I feel this sense of adrenaline flowing through me as soon as I placed the phone against my ear..? that never happened before whenever I call him..? ..IT MADE ME FORGET AS TO WHY I EVEN CALLED HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE.. ugh..! now I remember.. I was supposed to ask the guy if he could ask Kameron to unblock me online.. I mean.. he even mentioned his name, but I still.. managed to blow my one and only chance that I had.. the others wouldn't even want to talk to me let alone do any favors for me like he does.. but.. why do I still feel so.. frustrated? is it because of Courtney..?"
*Shaniah's flashback*
"Well.. just make sure that you- WHAT WAS THAT NOISE?" spouts Shaniah.
"Huh.. what noise?" questions Jay.
"I'm at the studio.. it's always noisy here.." says Jay as he leans against the door. "What were you about to say though?" he adds.
*end of flashback.*
(Shaniah's thoughts;) "OKAY.. I ADMIT.. IT'S PISSING ME OFF NOT KNOWING WHAT HE'S UP TO AND WHO HE'S WITH.. WHY DID I EVEN HANG UP?"
"I mean.. that's not what's relevant right now at all.. and, why should I care about who decides to hang out with or have.. sex with.."
*doorbell rings.*
(Shaniah's thoughts;) "Is that Courtney..? ..no, she has her own keys.. then who.."
*opens door.*
"Hey.. uh.. can I come in?" questions Jay.
"..How did you.. how?" questions Shaniah with a confused look on her face.
"I know that I'm supposed to let you know whenever I'm coming over, beforehand. Listen.. I'm sorry.. about everything." says Jay as he rubs the back of his neck. "You'd probably want an explanation-" he adds.
"Where were you..?" questions Shaniah as she starts to tear up.
*silence.*
"W.. what?" says Jay.
"WHO WAS THAT GIRL IN THE BACKGROUND?" spouts Shaniah as she pulls Jay inside of the house.
"What..? what girl?" questions Jay.
"DID YOU THINK THAT I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO HEAR HER? WHAT'S HER NAME? WHAT'S HER AGE? WHERE IS SHE FROM?" spouts Shaniah angrily.
"..Oh.." mumbles Jay.
"DON'T 'oh' ME.. YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHO I'M TALKING-" spouts Shaniah before Jay lands a kiss on her lips.
*silence.*
"I was really at the studio." says Jay as he rubs the back of his neck.
"That.." mumbles Shaniah with widened eyes.
"And the girl you heard was Natasha.. Devon's girlfriend of the week." says Jay with a soft smile on his face.
"W-.. who said you could touch me..?" says Shaniah as she folds her arms.
"Damn.. didn't you just kiss me back though?" questions Jay as he lets out a chuckle.
"S-.. shut up and shut the door." says Shaniah irritably.
"Yes ma'am." says Jay before shutting the door.
(Jay's thoughts;) "Man.. words can't even express how happy I am right now.."
*meanwhile.*
"Where'd Jay go?" questions Ty.
"He said he'd back in about.. 3 hours? ..actually, maybe tomorrow." says Kameron as he picks up a plastic plate.
"Is he staying at someone's house..?" questions Gunner.
"..You could say that." says Kameron with a soft smile on his face.
"Oop..! oh.. hmm! ..I see where this is going.." spouts Natasha.
(Kameron's thoughts;) "As long as he's happy.."
"Well.. I guess that means.. MORE CHICKEN FOR ME!" spouts Devon.