Chapter 2 | The targeted rescuer

The return journey was not easy for Zhan, but he was relieved when he finally reached his house.

Zhan carried Yibo into the guest room and laid him down on the bed. Zhan then let out an exhausted sigh and then checked Yibo's pulse. His heartbeat was normal, and Zhan saw no damage to his head or signs of it on his clothes. However, when Zhan put his hand on Yibo's forehead, he realized that Yibo must have a slight fever. Zhan left the room and returned with a wet cloth. He put the cloth on his forehead, but soon afterwards Yibo suddenly woke up.

Yibo grabbed both of Zhan's arms, then pulled him into the middle of the bed. He then leaned over Zhan, glaring wildly at him to intimidate him, which from Zhan's point of view Yibo succeeded in doing.

"Who are you?" - asked Yibo, and then lowered his eyes and looked around for a moment, but his grip on Zhan did not loosen. - "What is this place?"

"My home ..." replied Zhan timidly. Yibo turned his attention back to him.

"I brought you here because I found you unconscious by a river and I thought you were injured. ... I only wanted to help you." said Zhan, looking into Yibo's eyes.

"Hm." said Yibo simply, then bent down and held his nose to Zhan's neck. He began to sniff Zhan.

"What are you doing?" asked Zhan, frightened. He didn't understand why Yibo was acting so strangely.

"I guessed right, ... you're human." finally said Yibo, then released Zhan's arms and sat down on the edge of the bed.

Zhan moved to the other edge of the bed. Though his fear was great, his curiosity was even greater.

"What was that just now? Why did you hold me down and ... what's even stranger ... is why did you sniff me??"

"I was just checking up on you. I wanted to know if you were really human or not." replied Yibo indifferently.

"Of course I'm human. ... Why? What did you think I am? A ghost .. or a robot?" asked Zhan angrily.

Yibo looked at him, but his stern gaze didn't really soften.

"No ... neither, ... but a werewolf." said Yibo.

"A werewolf ... ??" repeated Zhan, in disbelief.

"Yes. A werewolf, ... like me." declared Yibo firmly.

Zhan listened for a while, but Yibo saw that although Zhan had thought about what he had heard, he did not really want to believe it.

"Oh, ... okay. ... Obviously, ... you need help. Maybe you did have a concussion and that's why you're talking and acting like this." said Zhan as he got up from the bed and started to walk out of the room.

"Wait!" - Yibo exclaimed slightly. - "What are you going to do now?" asked Yibo nervously.

"What I should have done, when I came back here. I'm calling for help for you."

As soon as Zhan finished his sentence, he went to his room. He took out his mobile phone from his bag and dialled a mobile number. His call was quickly answered, but just as an elderly man spoke, Yibo suddenly appeared behind Zhan and interrupted the call.

 His call was quickly answered, but just as an elderly man spoke, Yibo suddenly appeared behind Zhan and interrupted the call