Chapter 9 | The beginning of the last battle

It was 5 o'clock in the morning. Yibo and Zhan were in the living room. Zhan was asleep on the sofa and Yibo was sitting next to him. Yibo had kept one hand on Zhan's shoulder for some time and glanced at him often. Yibo stayed awake all night.

The evening passed calmly for them, but in the early hours, just a few minutes after 3 o'clock, Yibo heard a short wolf howl. The voice was loud and clear, and Yibo immediately realized that his brother was near the house again. He quickly rose and looked out at one of the windows. Yibo didn't make the mistake of leaving the house because of the noise again, risking Zhan's safety.

Yibo looked around the area through the window, and a few moments later he saw a gray wolf emerge from one of the bushes. Yunxi appeared in his werewolf form, which Yibo didn't like. Yibo growled angrily when he saw him.

The grey wolf watched the house curiously for a while, then his gaze stopped at the window behind which Yibo was. They stared at each other for a short time, then the grey wolf nodded his head to the side, then he sat down, waiting.

Yibo knew what that meant, and he cursed silently because of it. He let go of the blackout curtain, turned back and walked to the couch. He covered Zhan more tightly with the blanket. Luckily for Yibo, Zhan didn't wake up to Yunxi's voice, which made Yibo sigh with relief. He bent down and gently stroked Zhan's face.

"He's so fragile, he's innocent. He can't end up with a monster like Yunxi. I can't let that happen." - said Yibo to himself.

Then, a little timidly, but he gave a soft kiss to Zhan's forehead.

"I'll be back soon." said Yibo quietly.

He took his hands off Zhan's shoulders and walked out of the room. At the front door, Yibo paused for a moment and glanced back.

"As long as he stays in the house, he will be safe." - thought Yibo to reassure himself.

A little reluctantly, but then Yibo stepped out and closed the door quietly.

When the grey wolf saw Yibo at the end of the veranda, he turned around and ran away. Yibo took on his own wolf form, quickly running after his brother.

Yibo didn't want to, nor did he plan to get too far from Zhan, so as soon as he got close to his brother, he stopped him. The two wolves were in the middle of the forest. For a while they looked at each other just waiting, and then, giving it up, they both changed again into their human form at the same time. Yibo was angry and tense, but Yunxi was rather a little satisfied and very surprised.

"I didn't think you'd come after all, brother. .. or that you would come at all. .... But, I'm glad to see you." said Yunxi.

"Stop acting, Yunxi. Instead, tell me why you howled, or how did you even have the courage to appear near the house?"

"What? ... You don't even ask me how I am? .. After what you did to me?" asked Yunxi, offended.

"Why should I? .. You hurt someone who -" said Yibo, but his brother interrupted him.

".. who is more important to you than your only remaining family member? Your brother?" finished Yunxi, instead of Yibo, emphasizing his last question.

"Oh. All of a sudden I'm important now?" - asked Yibo in surprise. - "Because so far, all you've done is try to destroy me as if I were your enemy."

"I never thought of you that way, Yibo. I'm just mad at you, ... and jealous. You always got everything, but I ... I never got anything but pain. Even from you." - said Yunxi angrily, then took a step towards Yibo. - "Tell me, why are you so attached to your strength? I see how much of a burden you think it is, .. Then why don't you just give it to me?"

Yibo sighed.

"Because I know, you wouldn't use it for any good. Because I know, it would intoxicate you, just as it did our father."

Yunxi was silent for a while. It was not the answer he had expected, nor was he prepared to accept it. And Yibo saw this as he watched Yunxi's face darken.

"Huh. You know our father was weak, .. but I'm not. And sooner or later, his legacy will be mine. Just like my chosen mate, who you took from me."

Hearing this, Yibo's eyes turned blue, his hands clenched in fists.

"I will not let you touch Zhan again. He will never be yours, because I will not let you."

"Either you accept this fact that I've told you, or we have to fight." - Yunxi's eyes darkened, his claws and sharp teeth appeared. - "You've run and hid from me long enough, brother. It's time to face me!"

"Then have it your way." said Yibo.

Yunxi and Yibo are separated from each other.

"Our final battle will now decide who is better. The winner takes all!" said Yunxi loudly.

They changed into their wolf forms at the same time. 

Both werewolves snarled menacingly at each other, and then the fight began

Both werewolves snarled menacingly at each other, and then the fight began. But this time they began to bite and claw at each other more relentlessly than ever before. It was not only a fight to the death between two alpha werewolves, but also an estate and a power grab between two brothers.

-------------

Shortly after Yibo left the house, Zhan woke up and immediately began looking for Yibo. He paced restlessly around the living room, wondering where Yibo had gone or why he had left. But then Zhan heard a loud wolf howl in the distance. Zhan stopped at that moment and turned in the direction of the sound.

 Zhan stopped at that moment and turned in the direction of the sound

"Yibo..." said Zhan in a desperate voice, and immediately ran towards the door.

Zhan knew what he was risking if he left the house or if he stepped out alone on the porch. But he still felt like something was guiding him, and to go in the direction of the voice as fast as he could. He felt that Yibo was in danger, and if he didn't go after him, Yibo might die.

Not even the growing headache he felt could stop Zhan, he just kept running until he saw Yibo again.

( 2 more chapters, and this book ends ... )

-----------------------------

Thank you for reading! I hope you liked it! 🧡✨