Chapter 8 | Autumn love

Days later ...

Zhan was very happy with the calm and undisturbed days and nights, because he felt that his injuries could heal more easily and quickly. But Yibo could not see the same peaceful days as Zhan. He remained nervous, tense and especially vengeful against his brother for what Yunxi had done to Zhan.

One afternoon, they were both downstairs in the living room. Zhan was reading a book sitting on the couch when Yibo sat down next to him and put two mugs in his hand on the small coffee table.

 Zhan was reading a book sitting on the couch when Yibo sat down next to him and put two mugs in his hand on the small coffee table

The teas were still steaming hot, but the Yibo's behavior was cold. He just leaned his head back wearily on the sofa.

Zhan then closed the book and put it down.

"Yibo, wouldn't you like to sleep while I'm awake?" asked Zhan.

"No. I'll rest later, but not now. Anyway, I can do without sleep." said Yibo, but his tired eyes were already telling that he was lying.

"Okay." - said Zhan, then leaned forward and took one of the glasses. - "Did you really do that?"

"Yes. But this time it's not a fruit tea, it's a green tea. I hope you'll like this one, too."

"Thank you." - Zhan took a sip of the tea and hummed with satisfaction. - "Hm. .. It's very good."

A small smile finally appeared on Yibo's face for a moment as he heard Zhan's words. He leaned forward for his cup and took a sip.

Zhan took another sip and then spoke.

"Uhm, Yibo, ... you ... what do you think, why your brother hasn't come back here yet?" asked Zhan curiously.

"Hm.." - Yibo thought for a while. - "Probably because he's still trying to heal himself, because before I ran into the cave to get you out, ... well, I beat him up pretty badly and hurt him. ... But then, I just couldn't control myself. ..." said Yibo in a deeper, more irritated voice.

Zhan just watched as Yibo's face darkened.

"I've never felt as much anger as when I found out he bit you." said Yibo, then quickly diverted the topic and turned to Zhan.

"I almost forgot about that. ... Zhan, do you mind if I take a look at the ... the bite mark on your neck? Just so I know-" asked Yibo a little timidly, but Zhan interrupted him.

"Sure, I'll allow it." said Zhan and turned to face Yibo on the sofa.

Yibo gently grasped the bandage. When he removed it, he saw that the bite mark of his brother on Zhan's neck was almost completely gone. A few faint red marks were barely visible where the bite had been.

"Well? ...is the mark still there?" asked Zhan.

"Not really anymore." said Yibo, and Zhan sighed in relief.