𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 1. ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ

Chapter 1.

August 18,2034                                                                                    Manhattan, NY

      The chains flickered through her hands and left her wrist burning, red marks showing on how many times she pulled on the chains.

          "You're gonna hurt yourself if you do that." A quiet voice from the corner of the cell talked, Zara turned around, flicking her head out in the direction in which her cell mate was standing in her bed, shaving down what seemed to be a piece of wood, that was as sharp as can be easily a weapon. "I know, from experience" her voice spoke again as she came into the light, enough for a second for Zara to realize she was a beautiful woman.

        "Alright" Zara really only had that single word to speak out, she barely knew this woman and speaking to her seemed weird and uncomfortable. The woman left her shaving to sit down on her bed, she placed her deadly weapon on the counter next to her.She stared at Zara, studying her trying to see what this young woman did to get her into a jail cell.

      "So, what did you do?" Her question seemed to be a threat to Zara who always was asked the same question from her parents even in situations where she did nothing wrong. Zara let out a sigh and began to lift her head to realize it felt heavy and pull it back down against her hands. "Don't worry, you can trust me" The woman spoke again, her voice more serious now as she realized Zara was not letting her know the information she wanted.

       "Can I really?I just don't trust people, Period." The woman's face seemed to get more serious as she looked back at Zara after going through her mind of ways she can escape again.

      "I'm just saying you will want me on your side, i've been here for about 2 years and learned all these bitches games, and tricks" 2 years. What must this woman have done that caused her to be in this ugly,dirty jail cell for 2 years. Whatever she did it can't be worse than Zara's mysterious crime.

       "I'll think about your request" Will that respond the woman left Zara alone continuing to sharpen her wood and play along with her nails.

        Zara was grateful for the silence,it finally helped her ease all the pain she has buried in her heart. Her sister died, and not just that she is in jail, and her best friend is out running for her life to god knows where.The thoughts only spiraled her head even more and made her heart hurt with more pain than anyone can imagine. With no need to care about anything around her Zara let herself fall and cry, holding her head as it became heavy over her hands.

       The silence was so loud, she could barely bear it anymore before she could scream out. For her Family, her sister, her best friend. All people that never let her down but she always found a way to let them down instead.

       The woman in the corner of the room stared at Zara with a sorrowful look on her face, she did not know this woman but knew with the sobs she was letting out she must be deeply hurt for what has caused her to be in this exact room.She allowed herself to turn around and give her a moment of space, before they were both interrupted by a loud banging noise outside their cell.

"Zara Zamorano, Come with us"

__________________________

        Dior clenched the knife on her chest, trying so hard not to make it seen and make it exposed. Her chest was rising and falling, and her legs felt as if they were about to give up as she was walking up the stairs of her penthouse.

       The knock on her door shook her to the core, and she had to take a minute to get back into the real world.The knocking only grew louder as her anxiety only grew as well. Sweat,Scream,Blood, Police lights, Death.

     "Dior, I know you're in there, come out." Her friend's silent voice made a quarter of her anxiety disappear but the beating of her heart still remained as if a heart attack was about to occur in any second. With a swift look at the door and her clothes soaked in blood she quickly ran up to her room, leaving the bloody knife against her bathroom door, she quickly changed into a silver silk dress with silver heels and threw the clothes she had into the washing machine with no other thought.

       "Coming Emery, god wait a second" she replied as she still heard the loud pound on her penthouse door through the vibration of the floor. As the door opened meeting with the face of her friend, she added a fake smile to her face making it seemed as if she had been wearing it throughout the day with no doubt.

        "God girl, you got this big ass money and house and still can't be on time for a party." Emery's face was emotionless with only her words defining what and how she was thinking, something that can be scary sometimes but Dior has been her friend for so long she does not need to see her face to know how she is feeling.

      "Right, I just had things to take care of." Her silence was loud as she heard herself screaming about all the lies she had been telling one of her closest friends and how such lies can lead into the most drastic disaster." I'm ready on time though so let's not waste that, Let's go."

    With one hand holding her purse tightly against her chest to close to her heart and the other on her leg swaying, Dior knew this was only the start of something scary and something she did not sign up for.

Best friends, yeah right.