𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 3. Familia and grief

Chapter 3.

August 18,2034                                                                                                       Manhattan, NY

1:00 am

Zara's head felt silent as she was now standing upon her enemies as they asked obvious questions. The questions about her sister were the ones that left her heart stinging in a way that made it feel that it was going to break and stay there.

The words they repeated were the same in Zara's ears as all of them looked the same. Enemies.Bad people.Killers. They all have it written in their face as Zara stares at them.Staring at them was rare for her too because even looking them in the eye made her shiver. The way they tried to make her feel weak made her realize how actually weak she is on the inside.

The safety of entering the cell once more was better than having to be in the room where all the people she hated made her feel like it was all her fault. Her jail cell mate was not in the room allowing Zara to be able to be alone and continue crying as she remembered the event and her sister.

Now Zara is in the jail cell all by herself, wishing her best friend would come and visit her but knowing that if she did she would add herself in the danger of the cell.Zara struggled with her own anxiety not as bad as Dior's but it had its flaws as well. The look that her mate gave her when she came back with food in her hand made her realize the realness of the world around her and how unfree she was at the moment. The silence seemed so loud in her head, her mind.

It kept her on her guard and made sure she was paying attention to how much she lost, how much she had added herself into. Everything was her fault.

Dior.

Her best friend , a person she calls her sister as close as her real sister was to her. The loneliness she left her with left Zara's heartburn as her eyes filled with sorrow and grief.Her best friend's words were right, she was right. Zara did not want to admit how much Dior was right,but she was right. If she only had stopped at the right time, she could have saved her sister. Still had her best friend as her best friend and now, she does not know if Dior hated her or not.

I mean she did not blame her if she did in fact hate her. It's a understandment. She left her in the dust, with nothing but grief Zara might have been the one that got caught but Dior was the killer and if the police found out anything about Dior, they would end her. That's not possible.

Dior has a family unlike Zara , she and her family are so close , she also has a baby and people she knows care about her. Zara may have thought she had nothing to lose once she got on that police truck but Dior. She has so much to lose, so much more pain she would feel if she was later found out and taken in.

Zara's family didn't really care about her as a person, they did not care about her at all. Living through that trauma during childhood made Zara become the independent woman she is now. She had to face loneliness herself, pain herself and all the grief had to be resolved by only herself because it was always her fault.

Her mom was a person that did not believe apologizing was a thing, her dad was not as bad as her mother but he always has been seen as a person that had to agree with everything her mom said even if he knew it was wrong. Never had Zara heard a "I'm sorry" from her mom, not even a acknowledge that she realized the damage she had cost.