𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 5. don't say shit

Chapter 5.

August 20, 2034                                                                    Manhattan,NY

The smell of cleaning sent and also a combination of sweat filled into the room as Zara woke up from her sleep as she was realizing that her head was throbbing and was probably caused by the way she laid it  terribly on her pillow. Her mouth seemed dry, probably from all the yelling and cursing out she did yesterday to that one police officer. Her head turned to the side and was now searching for her cell mate who seemed to not be in sight anywhere. "The hell"

The welcoming of her hurting head started to come back as she released her legs to stand up and allowed herself to walk to the desk aside from her to collect her water that was now hanging open for her to drink, head being thrown back as she took a swing of her water with another distress look on her face once the water did nothing to cure her headache.

The knock on her door startled her, she stood up and made her water fall all over her clothes, cursing out she silently collected the water bottle that was on the floor now and tried to swing her clothes to get them to dry out. " Zara Zamorano, you have a visitor" Her face scrunch up and her mouth was shaped in a o making her look surprised and confused at the same time, all that the reaction did was make the police officer roll his eyes and quickly open her cell door signaling her to get up from the floor she was now laying and walk out.

With her heart stinging Zara slowly got up from her disaster on the floor as she silently followed the police officer out the room and into what seemed to be a welcoming room, a room that made hope happen. They passed through many people, children, moms,wifes all gathered to come visit their loved ones even in the place they are in.

To Zara's surprise once she sat down and was signaled to her little block in the corner, the face of her best friend was not one she was waiting to see. "Dior." Her voice was a whisper as she stood in the silence that seemed to be filling the room, analyzing her friend, any signs to tell that she was angry, irritated, or about to kill her on her face seemed to vanish and only the silent and gentle look that Dior was a master at giving now staring back at her.

Dior's head was quickly turned as she saw her best friend. Zara's eyes were widened, her voice was now not able to work and although Dior hated the silence she allowed it to flow through the room.

"What are you doing here?" Zara's words were the silence breaker, allowing the friends to process the words that were now shoved into the world they were living in. Zara looked up at Dior ,watching her reaction trying to understand the feelings going through her head.

Dior's first real smile finally broke out of her face as she looked at her friend. "Zara, i came to see you, talk to you. How are you?" The quiet and gentleness in her voice was not liked by Zara for she was still in the mindset that Dior hated her, wanted nothing to do with her, for a matter of fact wanted her dead.The feeling were growing stronger into Zara's head and making her head feel heavy once more, with no more strength to allow herself to stay standing she sat on the chair in front of her best friend.

"Zara?, are you ok?" The room in Zara's head seemed to dim out as her eyes seemed to miss the focus of the way her best friend tried to tap on the glass, any reaction trying to get out of her. She stood there allowing herself to forgive Zara, why?.

"Zara!"

"Why don't you hate me?" Zara's words were weak, sad, not able to process the fault in them. The guilt was filled with her pain and her grief. Dior's eyes fell as she felt heavy, and weak " I have no reason to Zara, you are my best friend. I have learned the hard way holding grudges would do nothing but add a scar to this friendship" Her smile was sad, making Zara's eyebrow furrow as she tried to recognize the sadness that filled her eyes. Only once has she seen that sadness in her best friend's eyes and it was not a moment in history.