BROOMBROOMBROOM

I approaching my scooter. I slip in the key and starting the engine. But, shit! The engine doesn't want to work. It only cries at the beginning then dies down. I try a few times to bring it to life again but my effort seems to be wasted.

Great! My day is a complete disaster today. I got scolded by the professor by dozing off, i got a D for my exam, and now my scooter doesn't want to work for me as well. I throw my hands up and stomps my feet. I blame it on Yibo who keeps bugging me in the head the whole day. I even skipped my lunch only to wait for him on the hill, expecting him will appears in the campus at least for the exam. But he never comes. His phone also dead. I have called his brother and he said he is out of the town right now. I called his Dad, too. He told me that Yibo doesn't want to come out or talk to anyone. He even didn't come out of his room.

Now I feel hungry. I want to get home quickly and eat my dinner after I didn't eat my breakfast and lunch. But with my scooter's condition tight now, how can I go home real quick?

"Aaaarrghhhhh!"

"Need a lift?"

Someone startled me when I'm doing the funny tantrum. I immediately stop and turn to the voice. Shit! It's him. Why he always appears like a ghost? Surprised and shocked me at most of the time.

"Um... No. Thanks!" I reply.

"Do you prefer to push your scooter to the workshop? It's quite far from here...,!" He says.

He's right. The nearest automotive workshop is about 5 km away and goes opposite of my home direction.

"Come! I'll help you to send your scooter to the workshop!" He says

Eh? How 's he gonna bring my scooter? I turn my gaze to the driveway. There is a Hummer pick up truck. What? Is he the owner of this car? I mean... It's cool. Wow!

"Let me roll it up to my pick up...!" He says, starts to hold my scooter.

I don't move. I let him do whatever to help me with my scooter. I also don't want to push it all the way 5 km to the workshop or spend my saving to pay a tow truck. I watch him roll my scooter up to his truck and skillfully wraps the chain to keep the scooter from falling down.

"Are you coming with me to the shop or do you want me to settle it for you?" He asks.

"I'm coming with you!" I answer him quickly.

Of course, I have to come, too. It's my scooter. I have to settle the administration for the scooter's repair. I can't only wait and watch him do everything for me. I mean, I barely know him. He joined the class a few weeks only.

I see him open the passenger door for me which makes me blush furiously. I drag my feet to the car and climb in. I feel awkward by him opening the car door for me. I sit on the passenger seat, don't dare to pay a glance at him. He climbs in and sits beside me on the driver seat.

"Are you free tonight?" He asks me on the way to the workshop.

I don't know why he asks me that. Is he inviting me for dinner or just hangout? I think about tomorrow lessons. Tomorrow.... Hmm... I only have 1 class in the afternoon.

"Why?" I ask him back while glancing at him.

"Well... I hope you can come to the club. I'll work there tonight...!" He confesses.

"I'm not sure. I need to see my friend tonight...!" I reply.

"Oh yes! That Wang Yibo guy ? I didn't see him the whole day. What happened? Is he sick?" He asks.

"Guess so..." I mumble, unsure. I don't want him to know that Yibo is never answer my calls and messages.

"Do you want me accompany you?" He asks again.