Not Really A Date

A/N: Like I do every chapter, I have to give the name of the song I was listening to while writing and for this chapter it was 1 Thing by Amerie and Wicked Games by The Weeknd. Very rarely do the songs coincide with the chapters but one of them is actually featured in today's chapter so that's a win. Anyways, I'll try to update again by Saturday since I'm ahead of schedule.

The next two chapters might be filler but please I beg just bare with me.

__________________________________________________________

"If I had known she was Westcarth's daughter we could have had that deal weeks ago, but I'm just thankful Eren convinced her to take it." Grisha told his wife as they stood on the balcony.

"Don't you think it's a little odd though? I mean, she doesn't even seem like she's rich" Carla responds to her husband.

"The only thing I'm curious about is who her dad is" she continues as her companion lets out a sigh beside her. He hadn't even thought about that part. Who was your dad? Maybe he could have Zeke look into it. He stopped himself in his tracks abruptly. No. That would be an invasion of your privacy, something your mother obviously fought to protect. He, just like the rest of the family, would wait until you came to them. He planned to start off small, asking you small questions here and there about where you went to school, what your childhood was like, then he would piece it together. For now, he would have to be patient.

It was like you had become a sort of enigma to the Jeager family and everyone was eager to figure it out.

Outside was unreasonably hot today, so hot that you had been immensely grateful that you wore light washed skinny jeans instead of your black ones. You dressed light today, a simple white crop top that revealed a small portion of your stomach and high waisted jeans with white and blue dunks. It was a rather relaxed day and you could only play with Ella and her stuffed animals that much, and then when she went to sleep it was as if you were watching paint dry.

You checked your phone, went to the library, played with the dogs and even took what seemed like your one hundredth tour of the house, yet you were still bored beyond reasonable measure.

You were raised out of your stupor when Eren exited his office to find you on the floor building a lego castle. "Aren't you a bit too old to be playing with my daughters' legos?" he teases you.

"Actually, the box says ages 1-99, and I fall between those ages", you say, tossing a block at him. His reflexes are fast and he catches it instantaneously. "Did you seriously just try to hit me with a lego?" he asks while looking down at you. You shrug your shoulders giving a wry smile. "That's so childish" Eren berates you while laughing, which prompts you to throw two more at him, this time aiming for the head.

"Is the AC on" he questions you as he takes his place on the couch. A bead of sweat is rolling down his temple and his white collared shirt is now stuck to his body due to the perspiration. When you nod your head yes he looks like he's about to pass out from the heat alone before his eyes light up.

"Do you eat frozen yogurt?" he asks you out of the blue. "Um...yeah I guess?" you answer confusedly. The question was rather random.

"Great because that's what I'm feeling for" he says getting up and heading up stairs. As far as you were concerned there was none in the freezer and you couldn't exactly deliver something like that, so where would he be getting it from?

"Grab the stroller" Eren tells you as he stands above you. You look up to see that he's changed into blue jeans and a white t-shirt, his usual choice of clothing along with some white sneakers. Ella is in one of his arms while the diaper bag and car keys are in the other. Reluctantly, you do as you're told and grab the stroller and your wallet before leaving.