Only If You Want To

Sorry for the late chapter a bitch has been booked and busy, but I got yall with the double updates this weekend. This chapter might be a bit boring since its kind of a filler but shit picks up next chapter!!!! Also, songs I listened to while writing this chapter: Day In the Life by Central Cee, Trauma by Doja Cat and Excitement by Trippie Redd, yes I am aware my music taste is all over the place,  also again, I have blue braids now and i feel like a smurf-🪷
___________________________

You reluctantly open your eyes trying to make sense of your place in the world at the moment. The warm body that's serving a headrest for your shoulder at the moment is foreign, but comforting all the same. You look up and it hits you exactly who the body belongs to. Your mind is racing with memories from last, trying to decipher if what happened the previous night was a reality or some sort of dream, however,  Eren's hand snaked around waist tells you it was the former.

An involuntary smile spreads across your face as you pick apart exactly what happened. Date that went left, call from Eren, putting Ella to sleep, talking to Eren, Project X and the kiss. They seemed to be pieces of a puzzle that you placed together to get a full picture of what your night consisted of.

Checking your watch you had somehow fallen asleep with, you realize it's half past seven, not unusual for the time you would wake up during the weekends.

You reach for your phone resting on the chair arm and you can feel Eren stir beneath you. Before you can apologize for disturbing his slumber however, he's up, bearing a charming smile.

"Good morning", he says, his voice lethargic, yet his smile remains unmoving.

"Morning", you greet back, matching his smile with an even brighter one of your own. You don't miss the fact that his hand hasn't moved from around your waist and he doesn't miss the fact that you haven't pulled away from his embrace.

You both sit up, albeit tiredly. "Slept well?" you ask him. "Best sleep I've had in weeks" he remarks jokingly. You can tell that there's truth behind his words as the prominent dark circles under his eyes have slightly reduced.

You stare at each other for a moment, not sure what to say or do. The logical thing to do was talk and acknowledge the apparent confessions of the prior night but both minds are running rampant with fear that you both decide to envelope yourselves in silence.

"We need to talk" he breaks the silence in what you feel is the worst way possible. That sentence always made you unreasonably anxious and the transition from his lips to your ears made your heart leap to your throat. Nevertheless, you give a light nod, prompting him to continue.

"About last night...." Eren begins nervously before trailing off. "I just want to say I'm sorry for ranting to you about my ex it wasn't appropriate and about what I said-"

You cut him off in fear of what's about to leave his mouth. "I meant what I said last night, about wanting to kiss you for a while now, unless you don't feel the same way though, cause in that case everything I said was a joke-" you begin to ramble before he places his pointer finger on his lips to silence you. Your eyes widen at the gesture and you feel slightly discombobulated. He chuckles to himself as he takes in your reaction, it's obvious you didn't expect to do that given your current state.

"You didn't let me finish" Eren stops you with a smile, finding amusement in your anxiety. "I meant what I said y/n I told you that last night."

"I'm sorry I'm just in my head a lot sometimes" you admit sheepishly. You prepare yourself to ask another semi big question, trying to make sense of it all.

"So if you mean what you said, and I mean what I said, what does that mean for us?" you ask, a bit embarrassed. You really hated how much clarity you needed when it came to these things.