The Beginning Part III

"Relinquish... what you are!?"

[Master... I]

Silence shrouded the forest following the outburst of those words from Veldanava, almost as if it had cast a shadow on the surroundings. That was the impression. Left on me after I told brother of what I planned to do. I saw the reaction in front of me, his mouth gaping and his eyes. The shock was there to see for all, so obvious. In fact, I'd dare say it shocked him so much that he couldn't speak, only stuttering gasps. While in my case, I felt at peace, a completely new feeling coursing through my soul. It differed from the feelings I've experienced before. The stuttering I heard in Ciel's voice told me all I needed to know of her reaction.

I was calm, showing my smile towards Veldanava. The moment of clarity I gained in realising my decision set a different tone in my mind, ready to withstand the no-doubt barrage of questions and protests I was about to receive from these two. But it didn't faze me at the thought of these two starting on me. Everything felt so serene now nothing could bother me. It was strange but felt so right.

"But brother, what are you talking about? What would possess you to want to give up what makes you the strongest and wisest?" Veldanava exclaimed to me, finally coming out of his shock. I couldn't blame him. From his point of view, I guess this would be a weird thing to do.

"I've had a long time to think about it, Veldanava. The universe is rapidly developing and changing. I feel it's time for a change in me, too."

[But. Master, this is completely illogical and dangerous. You cannot give up your status. It is the nature of your being.]

Just the outcome I was expecting from the two of them. I let out a sigh, almost a little disappointed. They truly didn't understand, but that's nothing new. Maybe that's surprising of Ciel, but maybe not as no doubt her reasoning was for me, though nothing would lose this smile on me although I could see Veldanava was becoming tense. But I could tell he was processing the words I said. His eyes sharpened, almost rigid, as he clenched his hands, walking up to me and gently grabbed my arms.

"I just don't understand brother, why would you feel the need to do this? To give up such an existence... Velzura, I find it unfathomable."

[I must strongly protest this course master. Not only would you cast aside what makes you supreme, this could have deadly repercussions on yourself in the future if you proceed down this path.]

My smile diminished slightly when I heard the serious tone in Ciel's voice. It was a valid point she made, but with both me and Veldanava, I couldn't see what risk there would be. Although surprise hit me when I saw the look in Veldanava's eyes. It was almost like my decision hurt him to his core. His golden irises diluting brought me to surprise. I was determined to be unfazed, but my smile faded rather quickly. Almost stunned by his reaction, it could easily be mistaken for contempt, but the truth was the confusion of my decision was provoking him in a way but he doesn't realise it.

"I can't believe you would want to rid yourself of what you are. You're the origin being Velzura. Of our realm. It is for you to reign as the supreme deity above all. You can't just throw all of that away. It is you, brother, the ruler of our domain."

"For what purpose, though, Veldanava?"

"Huh?!"

[Master?!]

Veldanava released his hold of my arms, backing up a step, looking at me in confusion. My expression went blank, completely unreadable, as I heaved a sigh in my thoughts. Turning away to the left, I didn't want to look at Veldanava for that moment as I gazed up at the sky.