16 - 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎

┌─────────❍─────────┐

"A house and a home– who is more pitiful? The one who doesn't have the former or the one who has all but the latter?"

└─────────❍─────────┘

"Don't believe her, I don't like you!"

Gojo stepped back in confusion, watching as you fled away from Yume and him. He had no idea why you suddenly said that. He just wanted to catch up to you to apologize for the dictation fiasco when you suddenly lashed out the moment you saw his face.

So she...really dislikes me?

Yume was about to explain, but Gojo walked away before she could even open her mouth.

No one dared to speak about it the next day. You were too embarrassed to talk to Gojo. Gojo was too depressed to think about approaching you. Yume, on the other hand, did not think her innocent little prank would cause a misunderstanding. She promised to talk to you about it, but you were summoned by the Inumaki clan the moment you returned to Tokyo.

──❍──

The Next DayInumaki Clan's Headquarters

The Next Day
Inumaki Clan's Headquarters

By my mother's instructions, I immediately left for our clan's main residence. It was the day of the merger. I trusted everyone could handle it easily without me. They would be inside Jujutsu High's barrier anyway.

Also, I avoided staying wherever Gojo was. Though I was not particularly close with my other cousins except Toge, I thought this would be a good opportunity to get my head off things.

"Ojou-sama, this way, please," a servant attended politely, sliding open the large wooden door of our meeting hall.