𝙾𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚜: 𝙼𝚎𝚘𝚠

Notice: This oneshot is something I wrote for fun before and bc of popular demand. Mild spoilers ahead, read at your own risk.

Dedicated to my lovely ChaeJaeLynn who kept commenting for this. Ily lol <3

──❍──

[SELF-INSERT]

"Damn. My body felt like it took a screenshot." The guy laughed nervously as he wiped stray strands of hair away from his grey eyes. It was only for a split second, but I was able to get a glimpse of his whole face.

The guy, presumably around his late teens or early twenties, had features holding certain warmth in them that could effortlessly make one feel at ease. His luminescent eyes reflected my own image as if they were a mirror, taking away all sense of danger I had just a second ago.

"Who are you, and what's your business here?" I went back to my original position- meters away from him. I didn't sense his curse energy when he approached a while ago, so I accidentally attacked him out of instinct.

"Miura Chiyo. I'm here to assess the differences between commuting by trains and buses," he replied with a hint of amusement on his tone.

What a sarcastic asshole.

I wasn't told I have a partner for this mission, though?

The air was thick with cursed energy, indicating the presence of a high-grade curse. The station was deserted, and all civilians evacuated before the mission began, hence my surprise that another person was able to come in.

Trains were put to a stop, and all doors opened. Miura walked behind me as soon as I made my move, stepping into an unoccupied shuttle.

"Hey, you're really letting me trail you like this?," the dumbass stated the obvious. "What if I'm a curse user? Or what if I kill you right now? Or for worse, what if I am your soon-to-be one and only greatest love?"

"Sure, dream on," I shrugged, but quickly took it back in case this idiot here takes it literally. "You'll be my cat, so just follow me and keep quiet."

"A cat, huh?" He smirked. He shoved his hands on his pockets and walked before me, assessing the area. "So, what's the situation?"

"Well, I was doing fine on my own, but suddenly, a nosy person who didn't even know what his mission was came and pestered me," I simply replied.

"Mean." Miura clicked his tongue. "I was asking nicely."

Wow. I asked him my own question earlier, but he didn't even bother replying properly. "Hate to break it to you, but karma is a fair bitch."

The guy turned to me and countered my sharp glare with an eye-smile. "Yep, a fair, attractive but bossy bitch."

What?

"Did you just call me a bitch?," I clarified through gritted teeth. I wasn't angry to say the least. In fact, I was caught off-guard to the point I knew my cheeks were now tinted with a hint of pink.

"Eh? Did I say you're that attractive one?," he teased, pushing my buttons even harder. It was hard to not get distracted, especially as his grey eyes seem to darken the longer I stare at them.

A small smirk spread to my lips, trying to hide my growing attraction. "So I'm not?"

He propped his back against another shuttle's doorframe while his eyes followed me, a boyish grin gracing his inconceivably imposing features.

"Meow," he whispered.

I turned away and bit my lip as a euphoric feeling jolted down my spine. I couldn't point a finger at why his presence just wouldn't let me relax now despite my knowledge of him being an ally.