Let's make a deal (2)

God of Death forgot something.

Something so important that he himself wondered just how the hell did he manage to forget it.

What, you ask?

God of Death's sweat dropped. It wasn't supposed to be like that. He was just so busy dealing with his child's crazy family that he forgot it.

'I messed up.'

He truly messed up. How could he forget something like that?

'Damn. I forgot to set the coordinates when transporting Cale... Nothing will happen, right?'

He leaned to his chair and covered his eyes with one of his hands. The didn't put the coordinates, that meant Cale would be transported to random coordinates in the destination world. He was anxious. He wanted to check on Cale to make sure he was alright, but he couldn't.

'I used too much power. I won't be able to even contact him till a few months later.'

It wasn't supposed to be that much of a problem, since Cale would surely prefer to not hear his voice. He was also busy dealing with some crazy bastards that wanted to kill him.

'I hope nothing serious happens. I don't want my own child try to kill me.'

Well, Cale was technically planning to smack him from behind, but it was different. He knew that if Cale decided to kill him too, he will not survive no matter what.

But that wasn't the problem right now.

'...He won't end up in somewhere crowded, right?'

God of Death strongly hoped so.

But.

Cale Henituse was an unlucky bastard.

•••

"Mom, what's that?"

It was an ordinary, sunny day.

A very normal day for the busy people of New York.

It wasn't Sunday nor a holiday. Nothing about that day was special.

Nothing, except for a certain God forgetting something.

Sara was eight. She was a bright child, and she didn't like going to school.

She liked studying, but not the school. That was why she always complained and tried her hardest to avert her mother's attention and somehow don't go there.

Which failed miserably every time.

As usual, she was walking to school with her mother. It was then that she saw it.

Crack.

It was like a part of air in street cracked like glass, and black smoke started to come out from the cracks.

It was so silent that if she didn't look that way she would have missed it.

Sara stared curiously at black smoke that was forming a small black ball and asked her mother what that was.

It wasn't the first time she tried to show something, anything to her mother just to be late to her school. That was also why her mother ignored her at first.

"Huh? What's that thing?"

But when she saw a man stop and confusedly stare at one part of street that normally no one payed attention to, she also looked there. Then she stopped too.

The black smoke made a small black membrane, as if locking the smoke inside of itself. It felt creepy. She felt scared. It felt like when she saw her father dying in the hospital.