VI: Devil's Deception

Just a small fact: I wrote this chapter listening to the song on the side.. For me, that song is the best friendship song that was ever made. Another side note: NEW COVER!! Tell me what you think! (It's Francisco, btw. Hehe.)

Enjoy..

✖✖✖

Don't argue with The Queens. If you cross them, they'll favorably kill you.

And then be the DJs at your funeral.

Rebecca sat at the farther corner of her light beige cabin and ran her fingers through her hair. Her white shirt fitted her flawlessly, highlighting her perfect curves and slender waist. She put her forehead into her hands as her dark brown eyes shifted to regard the beauty sitting across her.

"Jess," the queen said in her faultlessly soft voice. "I told you not to wear the Calvin Klein shirt. It's too loose on you. You never listen to me, do you?"

Jessica looked up from her Nikon camera that had cost her a fortune. "Huh? What?" She asked.

Rebecca sighed, her head boiling up with irritation. "Nothing." She snapped.

Jess ignored her grouchiness. "Do you know about Jeremy's new conquest, today?"

This made her interested or more like uneasy. "What?! Who?" Came alarmed question.

"I don't actually remember her name." Jess mumbled. "Something Jones, I think."

"Stacy Jones?"

"Yeah. Yeah. Stacy Jones.." Jess confirmed.

"That hoe. I knew she was into him." Rebecca clenched her fists. "I should've gotten rid of her when I had the chance." She shook her head. "It's too late for regrets. How did you know anyway?"

"Oh. Um.." Jess stuttered resisting the urge to shiver under the Queen's glower. "She came begging to me to find her a new project partner. Apparently, she and Jeremy were supposed to be together in this History assignment that Ms. Amy gave them. But, uh, after their incident," Rebecca's mouth contorted at her choice of words, "she said she won't be able to show him her face. Something about him walking out on her in the middle of their, um, deed or, I don't know. I'm not really sure though. But I guess they'll be doing the projects alone now.. At least that's what Ms. Amy said. But the project is really difficult to finish single-handedly. I don't think that Jeremy can handle it unaccompanied."

The Queen didn't seem to hear the last part for she was only interested in one thing. "You mean, he just walked out? While they were doing it? Boy, there must be something wrong with her.." Rebecca sneered.

Jess, as always, stood up in Stacy's defense. "Or maybe something came up. Stacy also mentioned that he saw a text before he went. She said that she didn't remember it properly but she heard the sound of a text notification from his phone.." She trailed off noticing Rebecca's expression.

The Queen's face clearly gave away how she was feeling.

So, this Ice Princess does have a beating heart... Jess mused sadly. I was starting to think that it was as cold as her façade exhibited it to be.

Rebecca mumbled something that sounded awfully like 'Wish I could make him see..'

"What?" Jess asked.

"No. Nothing."

Jessica frowned. "It's ok. You know can tell me."

"I don't like repeating myself." She snapped.