IX: The Devils' Delusions

What happens today is all the result of what you did yesterday.

Melbourne, Victoria: 2010

The small girl in the dark blue velvet dress didn't know how many people there were.

There were seven of them. Or, maybe eight.

All of them were extremely tall, and they had big, bulging muscles where their bodies should have been. She had seen big people before. But these people were enormous-monstrous, gigantic. Her green eyes stared at them, some seated on the plush sofa, some standing with their shoes on the luxurious carpet.

The girl frowned.

Why are they wearing shoes inside the room? He will be angry if he finds out.

As she kept looking at them worriedly, one of the men turned to her. He was wearing dark blue pants and a tattered red shirt. Obviously, something must have made him angry since he was glaring at her murderously.

"Listen you whôre, if you know where that little fùcker is then you better tell us." He bellowed. The man took a large step towards her. "Or I swear I'll make you pay for lying."

She flinched, clearly intimidated by him. Taking a cautious step back, she shook her head. "I don't know." She whispered looking down. She was tempted to ask what 'fùcker' or 'whôre' meant. But, she refrained herself from asking. They didn't seem like the kind of people who liked being questioned.

"What the fùck did she say?!" Another man asked, laughing as if her discomfort somehow struck him as funny. "Can you repeat that, you little bîtch?"

The thirteen-year old girl fidgeted. "I really don't know." She said a bit louder.

Another guy to her right snickered. "She has a nice voice." He stared at her a bit longer than necessary, eyes travelling from her chest to her bare legs. "I bet she can scream hard and long in bed. Let's try it." He stood up.

"Don't touch her." A deep, powerful voice ordered from another corner of the room.

The little one turned to stare at another man. Somehow, this man struck her kinder and gentler than the others. He had dark pants and white shirt over which he wore the same dark-colored coat. The blazer didn't bulge with muscles, and he had an unconcerned expression in his chiseled face-not hungry and amused like of others. Maybe that was why she found him safer. "We are here for something else." He continued in the same voice. "If you can't keep your dîcks in your pants, then there's a whôrehouse at the end of the block. Go screw yourself there."

"But, boss, just look at this gal!" The first man with red shirt spoke. "This who-"

"Enough!" The suited man cut him off, throwing him a sharp glance. The man visibly cringed. "Go get him. I am already sick of waiting for that man, and you know how I get when I'm impatient."

As soon as he said that, all of the men flinched.

The girl in the blue dress was not allowed to leave the room. When she complained about it, the same suited guy said in his profound, cavernous voice. "Stay here if you want to see him alive."

She didn't understand what he meant.

Him? Alive?

"Sir," A tall man in a dark suit came into the room. "I think he's her-"

"WHERE IS SHE?!" Someone from downstairs shouted. The girl knew that voice. She'd know that voice anywhere. All of her confusion disappeared as she turned to the door, anticipating his presence. "WHERE THE FÙCK IS SHE?!"