003 | Religious Pressure is a Hoax..

It shouldn't have been this hard to talk to her own sister, but there she was.

Clara Carita was hesitating to knock on the door of the decent house managed by a group of five young adults, amongst which also Priscila. They were all mostly international students, a conglomeration of different backgrounds in which her sister had found a reassembly of home, hence why she moved out of Clara's flat the first chance she got.

Clara didn't exactly blame her. The eight year difference placed Priscila exactly at the edge of not being acceptable to lack her freedom of mistakes.

It was early in the morning when Clara stopped her motorcycle in the driveway and felt like a statue for a couple of minutes in front of the door.

"Do you want me to knock for you?" Venom broke the silence. "I can already assure you she's home. I can feel her scent. And also Pedro's and Juliette's and Lee's... I think the one who cooks well is missing."

With Venom's voice ringing in her head, Clara found it just a little easier to reach her hand out and knock. This movement made her leather jacket creak momentarily. Its red had seen much better days, but the worn out state had caught up to match in shade the darker lipstick on her lips. Her hair was tied at the back and a neck-tight collar covered the marks of last night's fight at the docks. For short, Clara was back to looking as dubious as ever holding that suitcase, but at least it was a familiar view to which Lee opened the door.

He was wearing only the upper half of a suit and a pair of huge headphones, throwing a careless glimpse at the adult before walking back inside and pressing a button on the keyboard of the laptop he was carrying with himself. "Priscila!" He lifted his chin up as she was probably upstairs. "You sister's here! Hey-" Lee basically hiccupped to a stop as soon as he saw Clara enter uninvited. "I didn't tell you to come in."

In her defense, he had left the door open. "Fuck off, Lee," Clara smiled.

Well, though she was happy Priscila was making connections she too wished she had had at her age, there was no denying the fact that Clara disliked the bunch of people her sister ditched her to live with. They were careless smokers, all sleep deprived and overly fond of parties.

"Clara's here...?" Priscila stomped down the stairs, definitely startled by the visit considering how she stopped at the sight of her sister.

Because of that, Clara pretty much forgot how to breathe, until they managed to sit down in Priscila's room. Lots of posters formed tapestries on the walls, in a mess which could pass as order were anyone who came in to squint. The Carita sisters sat down on the bed of the youngest, who now shut close the suitcase.

"I suppose I shouldn't ask where you got the money from," Priscila gulped, still trying to comprehend what she had seen inside. She knew her sister better than anyone, she thought. That meant she was familiar with Venom and with the past habits of the eldest... Seeing the suitcase filled with money took Priscila's mind back entire years, back to the first home they had together, the small house in which every night, Clara returned bleeding over another paycheck, shooing her sister away with the now classic 'Venom will heal me, it just takes a moment.' Then she would send her back to sleep with the image of a crimson smile embedded onto her brain.

"It's probably better you don't ask," Clara inhaled sharply.

"This has far less shouting than what we got ready for," Venom hummed in her mind and though it may have looked weird to Priscila, Clara nodded along.

"Then I can't take this-"

Clara stopped her sister from even considering lifting the suitcase off her lap by placing her hand over it. "Just keep them, alright? I am sorry I couldn't get them to you faster. Something came up in DC and I got caught into a little mess, which I am handling. I even tried yesterday to get the board to reconsider, and I know these sound like excuses, but trust me, I'm aware I screwed up. So..."