001 | Close Calls Commencing..

All Clara ever did was a scheme to try and last as long as possible, to prolong the end which she thought to have been inevitable. For her, this fight was going to be her last, so she might as well just try her best with not losing without having made them suffer first too.

It started with her back against the wall, next to the door which burst open now, undisturbed, with O.M.N.I.U.M. soldiers. Clara Carita would have loved to question them, but when matters of survival interrupted, she really had less of a drive to care to find out more about the ones hell-bent on separating her from Venom.

The first soldier stepped inside the office, gun pointed ahead. Before he turned around, Clara grabbed the gun by the barrel, yanked it forwards, out of their grip, then back into the soldier's chest. Two hits had his sternum crack.

With a gun in hand, Clara immediately aimed it at the closest next soldier while using the dizzy broken-sternum man as a shield. Three rounds had to be fired in order to properly kill that guy.

After the second round, his colleagues pushed the guy struggling to breath aside, for the doorway was blocked for his stead.

The first sonic weapon activated and Clara's knees buckled with a muffled scream. She couldn't quite hear herself anympre, not while Venom was screeching and shivering inside like he had been put in a blender.

On one knee, Clara had landed near the guy she broke the sternum of. Close to falling over already, her eyes had only opened widely once the first bullet hit the side of her shoulder. The pain she felt, closer to reality now that Venom couldn't heal as he usually did, woke her up to see the knife strapped to the fallen soldier's leg.

She took it and let it descend through the foot of the guy who carried the currently activated sonic weapon.

Another bullet punctured her abdominal area and her movements faltered to an almost mechanical state, to have Clara flinch. She pulled the knife out of his foot and raised it blindly upwards, managing to stab first his thigh, rather weakly, then that wretched device.

The pitched sound was gone and Clara strained herself to twist around, get up. She stood an inch before the soldier. From the momentum of the spin, that knife landed right under his helmet, into the throat. With the back of her free hand acting like a hammer, she pushed into the hilt twice as hard to truly sink that blade through anything of vital value.

Then, since pulling out was too hard for her strained muscles, she pushed the hilt back, enough to touch his neck and get the blade to slice its way out.

Blood was everywhere.

Clara's sight was blurred with pain still vibrating in her bones. She felt those stains as cold shivers on her skin, little tingles to accompany her, engulfing her hands as they twisted the blade into a reversed grip so she could shove it into the next guy's helmet. Her breath was ragged but she did not stop to allow her lungs to catch up. One hit was enough just to crack it, but a second was required to properly kill him.

She didn't get the chance, as this guy had faster reflexes. He turned on his sound weapon while she was still up-close and that sort of damage made Clara feel like she lost her consciousness completely.

The sound made her see blackness before her eyes.

These small tangible senses were all she had left because comprehending the real aches and inside bleeding was not an option.

The next thing she recognized herself doing was crawl away.

She didn't know how she got on the ground, when did she fall or whether or not she dropped the knife on the way down.