005 | The Element of Surprise..

A distraction is only as good as the element of surprise and the flaw with that technique is that it stops working the moment it gets pulled out of the sleeve. Twenty-one people had their heads blown open surgically accurate by Marc's first gun, which locked, and blindly lucky by Clara, aiming only to cause chaos.

Twenty-one pools of blood stained the courtyard of El Hachim Resort and it was all it took for Arthur's guests to either scramble in a swarm of screams or start doing something about it. Members of the Hand present were going to be a close-up threat, while Anchor representatives had a wide range of danger to pose to the duo. It was hard to tell them apart, but since they had the shield of the bar's shelves of bottles, Marc and Clara were able to focus the fire on the biggest cluster of people.

Corpses broke plates, turned tables, just as fast as the live people trying to hide.

The chaos raged on like a true war zone and finally the enemy started firing back.

The bottles behind the bar began shattering and both Marc and Clara lowered their stance, wordlessly, because there was no time for talking. She gave her second gun to the one more qualified to actually hit his targets and he tossed the empty one aside. Their calculated ammo should have lasted them ten minutes, so there was no need to carry around any dead weight.

They had lowered down so now the shards from the bottles flew over their heads, hit the bar's surface above and rained only in a sprinkling deadly rain over their head. They were still facing the lobby restaurant though, and that meant that their aim remained focused, attempting only to stun this conglomeration of people so they didn't immediately strike back and force them to move from the central position.

It was, however, the stairs area to the left of the bar which started getting swarmed with a response then. Civilians were trying to get away while the people with significance to this event, who got caught in the havoc while on the other side of the bar, made advancements to get clearer shots at the lucky, crazy bastards who started blasting the wrong gathering.

Marc was feeling the brief adrenaline of what he had forgotten he was damn good at.

Guns felt at home in his hands, either from the phantom of the army, or from the peppered shadow of his mercenary duties, those times long before Khonshu stepped in.

He hadn't missed a single shot he took and no matter what fighting style he had adopted as Khonshu's high priest, Marc didn't forget the right posture for this combat either. It all came back to him clearly and defied the fact that he was supposed to be weaker around the New Moon. He wasn't weak. Moon Knight was just missing.

Clara was truly concentrating however, even while Venom was having the time of his life. They weren't exactly as efficient as the ex-marine next to them, but they did damage, at least for fear induction, because when their bullets did not hit anyone's head, they dismembered, took out organs or mutilated glasses, plates and everything in their path.

"We should do the gun thing more often," Venom laughed, far more relaxed now with the idea of not stepping out to protect Clara.

It lasted for only as long as the ones from behind the bar advanced towards the stairs, because then bullets began flying far too close to them, splintering the bottom of the bar and bruising them both with the wood jumping from its place in tiny pieces.

Without any debate of thought, Clara blocked the clear path to Marc in time. Her teeth clanked, gritted and she took valiantly three rounds. Though he could not block her pain sensors, Venom knew what to do, that single duty he had for the night: he slowed down the bullets, so they wouldn't get out through Clara's back, and then tossed them back out, as discreetly as possible for no security cameras to actually notice him. Then, he started sealing up each wound.