004 | A Cracked Mirror..

"There's something I don't understand."

The second the elevator's doors closed, Clara turned towards Marc. Him, on the other hand, had entirely different questions than what her mind must have lingered upon since the park. Starting from the inner sensations of a second ride on the motorcycle with her -those sensations which changed and he would not address out loud-, to the newer wonder as to why exactly did they just walk inside an office rental building in the downtown San Francisco, a place where the extravagance was riddled right into the cleaness of the elevator, the classic details of the design.

"Why didn't Venom see... What was his name again?" Curiosity made Clara quite an exuberant presence.

Marc was still watching their reflection in the spotless clean mirrors of the elevator, while the number went down to minus and kept on going. "Khonshu?"

"Yes," Clara immediately exclaimed. "Him. Why didn't Venom see Khonshu too?"

"How am I supposed to know? I'm not a God expert and I certainly don't know how you and Venom work," he exploded his little answer with a shrug.

"Well, me and Venom are in a perfect symbiosis," Clara explained just as carelessly, stepping away from Marc and leaning against one of the mirrors of the elevator. "What I feel, he feels. What he feels, I feel. We share thoughts, vitals, appetites, pain. We're one. Which is why it feels wrong that I was able to see something, but he wasn't."

"And what? You were... born with it? Experimented on?"

"Neither," Clara shook her head. "Venom is part of an alien species which was extracted from deep space by O.M.N.I.U.M. in a couple exemplars. The ship they were transported with crash landed and I happened to be close to the impact. His species requires a host to survive in any stable life-form atmosphere, so he sensed my body and saved himself, by also saving me."

"We were a perfect match," Venom's head exited by a tentacle from Clara's back to complete. "Luckiest symbiote alive."

"The only one alive too," Clara huffed amused.

"So he's like a parasite-?"

Venom immediately growled and launched his head forward to bite off Marc's neck. Clara's hands clasped just in time over the face of her symbiote, pulling him back while the doors of the elevator finally opened at the floor at which they stopped.

"Don't ever call my symbiote a parasite again," she pointed her threat towards Marc, but got out, with Venom, embodying pettiness, still looking at Marc as he followed them into the place from which the reason behind San Francisco's decrease in crime rate conducted their odd try at bettering society through more violence.

"Is he the new recruit we promised to G we'd be looking for?" Michael hummed from his chair in front of the screens. Most of them were now switched off, apart from the center one, on which he was watching the latest season of a tv show about a depressed assassin trying to retire while his writer girlfriend is having issues with inspiration. The action was tense at the moment, hence why he almost ran out of popcorn, but he still paused the episode from the remote and turned around, leaving the bucket on the table to get up and greet the duo.

He cleaned his hands on his trousers, taking steps forward but on her way past him, Clara made sure to stay true to her words and have her arm, covered in Venom, dig a punch into the man's stomach. To Marc's surprise, he didn't seem to flinch much, past the theatrics of a groan and an exaggerated movement of bending over, something soon turned into just an overly courteous bow.

"Dr. Michael Morbius," he extended his hand towards Marc, straightening up slowly, as if to take in who he really was. The cold eyes of the doctor unsettled Marc the most, because their blue looked rather lifeless, while stuck on pale skin, marbled into a frame of darkness from his hair and clothes.