26

(Hey hey, for those who didn't read the A/N, I've basically decided to skip over a chapter that I was struggling to write. Y/N got kidnapped by Jinx, who wanted to know the deets on the Hextech stuff, and Y/N ended up blabbing about the Hexgates oh no! Anyways enjoy.)

(PS i haven't proofread this and have written it over the course of two weeks, so expect a buncha repetition and overall clunkiness. But still. Enjoy!)

Cold. Damp. Pain. Stone.

You became aware of the world around you in flashes, growing more detailed and vivid until you regained conscious.

You were lying on your side, face pressed to damp tiles. A breeze chilled your body. Though it was icy and sharp, it was also a reassurance; you were outside. Not... there.

A sickening chill ran through you as the events of the night came back to you in one horrific wave. The note. The girl. The trap. The indentations on your wrists were a stark reminder that this was real. You'd told her things that you shouldn't have. Things that could endanger lives - lives of people you knew.

You slowly moved yourself to an upright position, wincing as your head sparked with white-hot pain in protest. Pressing a hand to your forehead, you were surprised to feel it damp with perspiration. A suffocating cold had settled deep in your veins, making every movement feel as though you were moving through icy water.

You managed to open your eye a crack, and were met with a stone wall opposite. High above, a chunk of black-blue sky sat between the tops of two buildings. You were in an alleyway. Where, you didn't know, and, though you knew you should, didn't really care. You knew you should be concerned, be frightened, be terrified after what happened, but all you could feel was... numb. It was as if you were watching your life through someone else's eyes.

So you weren't sure what force propelled your legs to move you out the alley, onto the unfamiliar street, and through the city in the early hours of the morning. You had reached that point in fatigue where you were so tired you simply weren't. Your body had kicked into autopilot.

You came to your senses finally when you stopped outside a door. Glancing at the pristine white paint and sky-blue tiles, you felt a sense of recognition. Your brain couldn't be bothered to dredge up a memory for proof, but you felt safe. Some part of you knew instinctively that this was a safe place.

You raised a fist to knock. All you could manage was a light tap against the door - anything else required too much strength that you didn't have. Your legs felt close to buckling, and as you leaned against the wood for support, your hand pressed against the doorbell. A soft ding sounded from the other side.

Your legs threatened to give way, and the floor was looking like a very comfortable place to collapse upon, but something within you told you to keep going, keep standing. Just a few moments, then you'll be safe.

So you stood, gripping weakly onto the last tendrils of your consciousness, until the door opened. A familiar voice broke the quiet.

"Yes? I think you have the wrong-" A sharp gasp. The voice dropped to a strangled whisper. "Y/N."

You looked up. The look in Viktor's eyes held a million emotions: surprise, horror, fear, disbelief.

It was too much. Strength sapped, you broke.

It all came at once, all the pent-up fear and terror, like a ferocious tidal wave. You were drowning. You couldn't breathe. You could practically taste the sour, salty water until you realized you were crying. Great, painful, body-racking sobs.