𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖳𝗐𝗈 : 𝖣𝗂𝖺𝗀𝗈𝗇 𝖠𝗅𝗅𝖾𝗒

Chapter Two : Diagon Alley

———

[(Y/N)'s Point of View]

The following day, I woke up earlier than I usually do. You could say that I was excited. I have read the list that I have to buy for my first year at Hogwarts and it was really interesting to see what they meant.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY
UNIFORM

First-year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for daywear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags

COURSEBOOKS
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginners' Guide to Transfiguration by Emetic Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT
wand
cauldron (pewter, standard size 2) set
glass or crystal phials
telescope set
brass scales
Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST-YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

Broomsticks! I wonder if it does mean a real broomstick. Like the one we were using to clean the amphitheater. We also needed a wand. Does it mean the wand that I had been seeing on the television from the orphanage before? The one with the big light purple magical thing that witches usually use to jinx someone? Witches are bad, aren't they? Or... was that just a TV program or something and that witches aren't really that bad?

When the conch horn finally echoed the whole place, I stood up and prepared myself for breakfast.

"Apollo," I muttered into the fire as I scraped three-fourths of my share of barbeque meat. "Thank you for this great day, Dad. Just good sunlight for my shopping."

There was smoke rising from the fire and my nostril was filled with the smell of freshly picked blueberries and apple pie.

After I ate my breakfast, I went back to my cabin to pick up my bag which consisted of some drachmas and a few medicinal kits. Will had been generous enough to make me take this for today, thinking that I might need it for a monster encounter. He was right, though. I might get ambushed out there. I needed to be careful. He even got me a little money from the camp store for me to use for my shopping.

Then, I went back to the Big House because Chiron said that Professor McGonagall was waiting there.

When I reached the door, I saw Professor McGonagall in the same clothes she had yesterday. She was standing with both of her hands in front of her in a polite manner.

"Oh, Miss (L/N)," she said when she noticed me. "I won't be able to help you buy your school things. I have matters to attend back in Hogwarts."

"Then, who's going to help me?" I asked.

"I will introduce you to him later on. I'll only accompany you on the way to Leaky Cauldron to meet him."

"Oh. Okay." I said.